Voltcraft sets of measuring leads provide several reasons why to choose right them.
Maybe we even don´t realize in a common praxis, how important role is played by measuring leads of a measuring device, the most often multimeter. Firstly, they´re “responsible” for a good transfer of a signal to a measuring device and at the same time they perform an important safety function, especially at measuring of higher voltages or on devices, where such a voltage can appear (unexpectedly).
Testing leads are often exposed to a considerable mechanical stress at measuring. As for the safety, especially older or damaged leads need to be replaced soon and better not to risk a possible injury. Older low quality measuring lead often shows small defects and it´s not that rare, when a broken thin wire (one of many which create a stranded wire) penetrates insulation from inside and stays hidden close to an outer surface. Naturally, in this case we can forget the declared properties of such lead.
Measuring/ testing leads Voltcraft are a novelty in our offer:
● MS-4 – set of safety measuring leads 10A/CATIII/1000V. Leads have a quality classic tip, usable even for a banana F socket. Also included are quality crocodile clamps with a thick insulation.
● MS-4N – set of safety measuring leads with an insulation from extra flexible silicone rubber, 10A/ CATIV/ 600V. Easy and safe removing of tips covers thanks to a click mechanism. Indication lug on a red lead for an easy orientation even in twilight. Extraordinary high flexibility makes the measurement especially pleasant and they´re highly resistant to hot surfaces at the same time.
● MS-7 – set of safety measuring leads 20A/CATIV/600V. A set with the highest current handling capacity from these three sets.
All three sets conform to EN61010-031:2008 safety standard and all of them have removable top covers (as illustrated on attached pictures) for comfortable measuring in tiny places (for example on a PCB). Comparison and basic features of these measuring cords can be found in an attached table.
Voltcraft – above standard quality even in measuring leads - [Link]
A home security and video monitoring breakthrough. Security and privacy, without the monthly fees.
Controlled directly from your mobile phone or tablet, CamPoint is a unique device that connects wirelessly with security cameras to make them smart. Experience the peace of mind that having security and privacy brings.
CamPoint harnesses the latest video home security technology and lets you customize it to your own safety and privacy requirements.
You decide which events are important, and which ones justify an instant alert sent to your mobile device. CamPoint learns quickly, so you only see what matters to you.
1. Rapid Learning System: CamPoint learns what things matter to you, alerting you when an important or unusual event happens, whilst not troubling you with false alarms.
2. Local Analysis and Storage: CamPoint analyzes video locally, with its smart algorithms determining what is important to you. It also has smart storage options. It stores video locally, but is intelligent enough to send important or unusual video footage to the cloud for backup. This eliminates the need for monthly fees. Storing personal footage locally also protects your privacy.
3. Choose Your Camera: CamPoint is compatible with a wide array of leading camera brands, giving users the freedom to choose their camera.
CamPoint: Smarter than smart home security - [Link]
Days get shorter but it doesn´t have to be a problem. At purchase of Wago terminal blocks it´s now possible to gain a quality portable LED lamp.
If we want to bring electric energy to same place, we´ll reach for cables. If we want to interconnect them, we´ll reach for Wago 2273 terminal blocks …
Also this way could be characterized well-known push-wire connectors Wago 2273, as they provide practically unrivalled simplicity of usage at interconnecting of wires in installation boxes. Similar situation is also with Wago TopJob S terminal blocks at installations in distribution boxes.
Wago autumn special offer this time brings a portable LED lamp myLUX Professional (230V, 900 lm, 6000K) with a Li-Ion rechargeable battery (exchangeable) – as a gift to the above mentioned connectors and terminal blocks. If you have 230V mains line available, the lamp works on 230VAC and recharges battery at the same time. At a power dropout or in places without electric energy a battery power can be used. Two sets will be available:
Prolong the short days with a Wago autumn special offer - [Link]
by Kenneth Wyatt @ edn.com:
As you’re aware, I’m an avid fan of Thurlby Thandar Instruments (TTi) line of handheld spectrum analyzers, having purchased nearly every model as they are released. One of my long-term wishes is that TTi produce an analyzer with an upper range of 6 GHz. Well, my wishes have been met in their newly released model PSA6005! As I travel a lot in my job, I like to take the minimum amount of test equipment possible.
6 GHz spectrum analysis in your hand! - [Link]
by Martin Rowe @ edn.com:
Teledyne LeCroy has added a touchscreen to its WaveJet oscilloscopes. The WaveJet Touch, with a 7.5-in. touchscreen display, is based on the company’s WaveJet 300 series. The WaveJet Touch comes in two 4-channel models: 350 MHz (WaveJet 334T, $4200) and 500 MHz (WaveJet 354T, $5000). Both models have up to 5 Msamples of waveform memory, sampling at up to 2 Gsamples/s.
500 MHz Oscilloscope for $5000 and a touch screen, too - [Link]
by Cabe Atwell @ edn.com:
Love it or hate it, there’s no question that Apple’s iPhone line is popular, and while the numbers haven’t officially been announced yet, the company has already broken its record for pre-orders online (roughly 4 million in a 24-hour period compared to the iPhone 5’s 2 million). The new smartphone comes in two flavors — the 6 and the 6 Plus. In this teardown, we focus on Apple’s flagship, the larger “phablet” 6 Plus.
Teardown: Inside the iPhone 6 Plus - [Link]
Perhaps the hottest this-year novelty from company Wago – 221 series terminal blocks are here.
Not only in flyers and datasheets, but also in reality – in our stock. That´s why we bring you their description and mainly the first pieces to evaluate.
New series 221 is based on a well-proven technology of contacts – CageClamp-S and it´s partially similar to a favorite series 222, but 221 overcomes this previous series in many ways. Overall, the 221 excels in many aspects. Judge yourself:
- it´s about 40% smaller than series 222
- it´s fully transparent from both sides, thus enables easy visual control of a proper wire insertion
- testing openings are from both sides, what enables easy testing (for example by a multimeter) at various positions in installation boxes, motors,…
- a feelingly lower force is necessary to operate the lever, in comparison to series 222
- huge range of usable diameters from smallest (0,14mm2/0,2mm2), up to 4mm2
- 32A/450V/105°C – usable for 230V and also 400V applications
- possibility to use solid, stranded and fine-stranded wires
- international approvals like ENEC, UL, PSE/JET, CQC, GOST-R
- hollowed-out grips on the side walls for a better grip and easier manipulation during installation
- funnel-like opening for wires, enabling accurate and comfortable insertion of even mild fine-stranded wires
Similarly like series 222, even the new series 221 is available in versions for 2,3 and 5 conductors – 221-412, 221-413 and 221-415. Flat surface of actuation levers also provides additional space for labeling.
Do you know any simpler and more practical solution for any type of wire conductors?
New universal splicing connectors Wago series 221 offer unlimited possibilities of usage. They´re ideally suitable for installations in tiny spaces, connection of stranded wires with solid wires, inner connection in motors, pumps and other devices with possible vibrations.
Detailed description can be found in the Wago 221 datasheet.
High currents, small spaces – a breeze for Wago 221 - [Link]
Clamp multimeter UT204 measures reliably even in real conditions of nowadays mains supplies and for an affordable price moreover.
UT204 from company UNI-Trend is a near relative to the UT203. multimeter. Already UT203 provides a lot of user comfort and a very pleasant feature – measuring of a DC current without interrupting a measured circuit. However UT204 is different from its “weaker” brother in one essential thing – it enable measuring of a true RMS value of alternating signals (TRMS).
As we know, usual multimeters usually deploy a simple rectifier and an RC cell and they´re calibrated to show an effective value of AC voltage – supposing an ideally sinusoidal shape of a measured variable.
In many cases, a non-TRMS multimeter is fully sufficient, but still more frequently we meet devices, which by their power consumption significantly deform originally sinusoidal shape of a mains line voltage. A vast majority of new devices is equipped with switch-mode power supplies deforming a sinusoid, as they draw current for charging of input capacitors mainly on a top of a sinusoid. This situation is partially better at power supplies with a power factor correction (PFC), but even in these cases it´s never an ideal load. At any difference from an ideal sinusoid the accuracy of a common meter significantly drops down and the error can exceed tens of percents. Similar situation is also at various DC/AC inverters (for example 12VDC/230VAC), whose output is usually only an approximated sinus.
That´s why if exact measurement matters to us, it´s more certain to measure by a device equipped by a TRMS measurement. There are many types with this function on the market, and in a segment of clamp multimeters it´s for example the above mentioned UT204, which moreover offers a lot of other functionality for an excellent price.
Detailed information and comparison of UT203/ UT204 will provide you the UT204 datasheet and the UT204 datasheet and UT203-204 user guide. We keep Uni Trend UT204 as a standard – immediately available item.
UT204 is able to measure DC current and also True RMS - [Link]
Ray Wang wrote a blog post review of the Hi-Link HLK-RM04 Serial-to-WiFi module:
It’s a pretty easy-to-use and low-cost solution to add WiFi capability to Arduino or similar microcontroller boards. Basically it allows you to receive/send Ethernet buffers through serial RX/TX pins. Programming wise, it’s similar to using the standard Arduino Ethernet shield. The module can also function as a WiFi router for changing configurations etc.
First impression on HLK-RM04 serial-to-wifi module - [Link]