NGX Technologies has launched a very low-cost and feature rich ARM7 evaluation/educational board. The product is named ‘BlueBoard-lpc2148’ and is based on the popular LPC214X series of ARM7 microcontrollers from NXP semiconductors. BlueBoard is an open-source initiative at realizing cost effective prototyping and solutions. Driven at present, by engineering and support from NGX Technologies, the board is provided with necessary interfaces for a quick realization of embedded solutions. Developed to evaluate the LPC214x series of processors, the board acts as a perfect platform to create and test your embedded applications.
More details can be found at:
The board is attractively priced at USD 42
The board currently sports the following features:
NXP’s ARM7TDMI LPC2148 with 512 KB internal flash and 32+8K RAM
256Kb I2C based E2PROM
• 12.0000 MHz crystal for MCU
• 32.768kHz RTC crystal
127 X 127 mm2
• Power supply: DC 6.5V with power LED
• On-board linear regulators generate +3.3V/500mA
and +5V/500mA from power supply
• USB connector (as alternate power source)
• Extension headers for all uC pins
• RS232 connector (2x)
• VGA connector
• PS2 connector
• JTAG connector
• SD/MMC card connector
• USB type-B connector with link-LED
• All peripheral configurable via jumper
• Audio power amplifier
• 2 line X 16 character LCD
• Backlight control for LCD
• Configurable for manual and automatic program download (ISP) via serial port
• RTC battery
• 8 controllable LEDs on SPI
NGX Technologies’ Blue Boards are delivered with software/sample applications demonstrating,
• Analog to Digital Converter.
• Code Protection.
• E2PROM Driver – Reading and writing to an i2c-e2prom
• SPI – Using SPI in polled master mode to drive 8x LEDs
• FIQ Handler.
• VGA .
• SoftTimer – Demonstrates multiple timers with callbacks
• Real-Time Clock.
• SD/MMC access
• PS2 – Code to demonstrate PS2 keyboard
• Audio – Code to demonstrate wav playback
• Buzzer- Code to demonstrate buzzer on external interrupt
Low cost and open LPC2148 development board launched - [Link]