Marcus Roskosch writes:
This app is a must-have for anybody in the Tech industry and or people who like to do it themselves. The new updated RepairDB brings a modest library of service manuals to the table. Being the first and only app in the App Store covering LCD’s TV’s, Laptops, DLP’s and more.
Many repairs do not seem worth their while because too much time is spent searching for essential service information. The required information is often not available or needs to be ordered, costing time and money! Shorten your repair time, save time and money when searching for important information.
Since identical failures often occur at some point in a large percentage of a given model or product line, using our app, may help identify the problem and or a solution.
RepairDB Electronic Repair Reference Database – [Link]
Marcus Roskosch writes about his Iphone – Ipad application.
Elektor Electronic Toolbox combines electronic reference material with calculation and conversion tools in one handy app. Whether a professional or hobbyist, the app gives users a collection of the most important electrical information right at their fingertips such as:
- Type listings (with color coding) for Resistors and capacitors including SMT types
- Databases for Transistors, FETs, Triacs, Thyristors, Diodes, ICs, TTL, CMOS, Atmel and PIC controllers
- Calculating circuit values for Resistor, Capacitor, Inductor, NE555, Filter circuits and much more
- Unit conversion for numerous types of Measurements (pressure, energy, distance, speed, weight, etc.)
- A database for common electrical Symbols
- An Indices database of common electrical components
- Calculation of voltage regulators with 78xx,79xx,LM317 or LM337
- Op-amp circuit calculation
- Number base converter (Hex, decimal, binary etc.)
- Frequency, period wave-length calculation
- LED / resistor calculation
- Voltage divider calculation
- R/L calculations
- BJT calculations
- Schematic Diagrams
- Pinouts of Audio, Video, Computer or phone sockets
Electronic Toolbox Pro – [Link]
Circuit Sidekick for iPad, Collin writes – [via]
My new electronics reference & calculation app for iPad is now available for download worldwide.
Current features include:
- Resistor Color Code Converter w/ forward & backward functionality
- Resistor & Capacitor Series/Paralell wiring calculators with schematic views
- Capacitor Code Calculator with integrated capacitance value conversion
- Decimal/Hexadecimal/Binary Number Converter (+ standard ASCII codes)
- Integrated PDF Viewer with search & storage for IC datasheets.
- The touch-based Ohm’s Law Triangle – V = I * R, in classy wood finish!
The first update which adds several new features/enhancements is already near completion and will be available soon.
Feel free to send any comments/suggestions my way – I’d love to hear your feedback!
Circuit Sidekick for iPad – [Link]
It provides a quick reference manual for the two most popular Hardware Description Languages (HDL): VHDL and Verilog. This app is written by engineers, for engineers. For every construct in VHDL, our app provides the nearest equivalent in Verilog, and vice-versa (or indicates if there is no direct equivalent).
Experienced custom digital logic designer for FPGA or ASIC? Electrical engineering student just learning the ropes? This app (which runs on iPhone and iPad) includes the following features
Searchable dictionary of every keyword, operator, and data type for both languages.
Handbook provides simple example for every single reference
Common functions in each language
All pre-defined attributes for VHDL (e.g., ‘leftof’)
All primitive gates and drive strengths for Verilog
Filter by language (VHDL, Verilog, or both)
Filter by language elements (keywords, operators, attributes, data types, etc.)
VHDL Ref is a new app for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. – [Link]
Although originally designed for mobile handsets, the Android™ operating system offers designers of embedded applications the ability to easily add a high-level OS to their product. Developed in association with Google, Android delivers a complete operating system that is ready for integration and production today.
Details on using the Texas Instruments BeagleBoard to build Applications (Apps) for smartphones and tablet PCs running the Android operating were published in Elektor’s June 2011 edition.
TI’s newest Android Development Kit from is a complete software offering to allow DM37x developers the ability to easily and quickly evaluate the Android OS. The kit provides a stable and fully tested software foundation that can be utilized on DM37x hardware including Evaluation Modules and Beagleboard (beagleboard.org). [via]
Free Android App Dev Kit from Texas Instruments – [Link]
Especially for electronics enthusiasts, students and professionals Elektor now offers an App they cannot affords to miss on their iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. The Elektor Electronic Toolbox is a collection of no fewer than 28 electronic tools that can be picked from a comprehensive set of icons.
The toolbox includes extensive databases for bipolar transistors, triacs, thyristors, diodes and ICs. Of course you can scroll through the long lists with one finger, but it is also possible to run a search. After touching a part number, key specifications of the relevant component appears including the connection details. There are more than 45,000 components to be found. There is also a separate database with connection data connectors for audio / video, computer and telephone applications. [via]
Elektor App for iPhone, iPad and iPod – [Link]