Here is a nice series of 3 video tutorials, covering basic functionality of Cadsoft Eagle from Schematic Capture to CAM Export and PCB manufacturing. The 3 parts are:
- Tutorial 1 for CadSoft Eagle: Schematic Design
- Tutorial 2 for CadSoft Eagle: Printed Circuit Board Layout
- Tutorial 3 for CadSoft Eagle: CAM Output and DFM
Check them out!
CadSoft Eagle Tutorials by jeremyblum.com - [Link]
Here is a great list of some Eagle tips on dangerousprototypes.com. Check it out..
Cadsoft Eagle tips and tricks - [Link]
This is a great App that allows you to view .brd and .sch Files from CADSOFT Eagle V6.x and up on your android device. The demo version allows you to view only the demo files and a paid version costs only 0.99 EUR. App works really smooth and it allows you to select your desired layers! A must have app for electronic engineers!
Eagle Viewer for Android! - [Link]
Rik shows how to design PCBs with more than two layers in Cadsoft Eagle. The tutorial covers the basics, as well as some advanced subjects like BGA escape routing. Keep in mind you’ll need a standard or pro version of Eagle, as the free version doesn’t support designs with more then 2 layers. [via]
Designing multilayer PCBs in Cadsoft Eagle - [Link]
Global electronics community, element14, announced it has teamed up with CadSoft Computer GmbH and Microchip to present the EAGLE Design Competition – a four-month competition aimed to unite the most innovative design engineering communities using CadSoft EAGLE’s Version 6.
To enter the competition, applicants can register on the element14 community and post a screenshot of their project’s design layout, along with a written description of the build. Prizes will be awarded to the most creative idea, and include a Dell Alienware computer, a Microchip Eval kit, and a fully-loaded version of CadSoft EAGLE.
Additional contest details and judging criteria are available here
element14 helps drives innovation with EAGLE Design Competition - [Link]
Make parts in Cadsoft Eagle @ Dangerous Prototypes – [via]
Eagle’s popularity is partly due to the sheer number of parts and footprint libraries available for it. Sometimes you can’t find the part you need in an existing library though, and it’s time to make your own. Making a new part in Cadsoft Eagle can be intimidating for new users, but the guide below shows how we make our own Eagle parts step by step.
Make parts in Cadsoft Eagle - [Link]
Global online community element14 is dedicated to providing engineers with end-to-end resources and the latest technology to help get their jobs done faster and easier than ever before. Following are a few noteworthy additions to the community:
- CadSoft launches EAGLE version 6: The newest version of the award-winning PCB software, available via the element14 knode, not only helps in board design, but also saves engineers time by providing direct connections to experienced, high-quality PCB manufacturers for fast quotes on PCB fabrication. Plus, with Accelerated Design’s Ultra Librarian users can quickly create parts, symbols and footprints that can be exported to various PCB design flows. An introductory video is available for download here.
- element14 partners with PCB prototype manufacturer Screaming Circuits: Effective Dec. 13, 2011, design engineers using the Knode on element14 can access Screaming Circuits’ services, including instant quotes and efficiently produced high-quality prototypes that adhere to shorter design cycles, saving engineers countless resources and helping shave weeks off the design process
element14: CadSoft’s EAGLE version 6 now available & new supplier partnership in effect - [Link]
A competition is running on element14 community. The “Summer of Design” competition revolves around programming an accelerometer and MCU based development board to find an innovative application.
We are giving away 100 free XL_Star boards to the first 100 entrants to the competition, and offering up a prize bundle as follows:
- -A trip to a Freescale Competency Centre
- -CadSoft EAGLE licenses (either for the individual, or a whole department if they are a student)
- -£250 Farnell/Newark vouchers
- -Inclusion in our “road-tests”
The competition is open to anyone over the age of 18 and runs until September.
Summer of Design competition – see your design excel, win amazing prizes! - [Link]