element14 drives Raspberry Pi revolution to educate a new generation of programmers
Global distribution deal agreed with Raspberry Pi Foundation with orders being accepted immediately
- Units available to pre-order from 29 February in Europe, US and Asia
- Raspberry Pi dedicated area on the element14 Community
- Support materials and PCB tools available free in the Knode on element14 and the Community
LONDON – Feb. 29, 2012 – element14, the first collaborative community and electronics store for design engineers and electronics enthusiasts and a part of global electronics distributor Premier Farnell [LON:PFL], today announced a global distribution deal with the Raspberry Pi Foundation to offer its ground-breaking credit card sized computer. The element14 Community will support the conversations, debate and sharing of knowledge and information from the anticipated flood of enthusiastic developers and first-time programmers keen to get the most from their Raspberry Pi. Read the rest of this entry »
A competition is running on element14 community. The “Summer of Design” competition revolves around programming an accelerometer and MCU based development board to find an innovative application.
We are giving away 100 free XL_Star boards to the first 100 entrants to the competition, and offering up a prize bundle as follows:
- -A trip to a Freescale Competency Centre
- -CadSoft EAGLE licenses (either for the individual, or a whole department if they are a student)
- -£250 Farnell/Newark vouchers
- -Inclusion in our “road-tests”
The competition is open to anyone over the age of 18 and runs until September.
Summer of Design competition – see your design excel, win amazing prizes! - [Link]