Home Community

How to make a regulated power supply with different dc output?
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 11:41:40 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: trade your components on this new board: "Components trade"

Advertisements
No New Posts
Today at 01:39:33 AM
in
Advertisements
by google

+  Electronics-Lab.com Community
|-+  Electronics Forums
| |-+  Electronic Projects Design/Ideas (Moderators: Dazza, gogo2520, Herman the German)
| | |-+  How to make a regulated power supply with different dc output?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How to make a regulated power supply with different dc output?  (Read 1186 times)
ymx

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2013, 01:44:00 AM »

Hi all,

We have a school project in our Electronics Analysis and design. But our group doesn't know how to start with it and we need it to pass this week. Kindly teach us to make it with PCB design and how to make its schematic design? We should get a regulated 1.5, 3, 4.5, 6, 9, and 12 volts dc output. Thank you very much! Smiley

Hero999
Global Moderator
Electronics God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 06:46:19 AM »

Try the LM317, a transformer, ectifier and filter capacitor.

I do not answer private messages asking for help because no one else can: benefit from advice I may give or correct me if I'm wrong.

Please ask on the open forum if you have a question: if I know the answer, I'll be happy to help.

ymx

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 05:29:13 AM »

Thanks for the answer sir! My group mate had already went to an electronic technician. The technician used a bridge rectifier 1N4001, Hr1061, 220 micro farad 1000 micro farad capacitors, 6 zener diodes of 3.3, 4.3 for 4.5, 6, 7.5, 8.7 for 9 and 12. volts and voltage selector. Our input voltage is 12 voltage from ac transformer.

Hero999
Global Moderator
Electronics God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 09:02:16 AM »

Why not use the LM317 and put the the voltage selector switch on the potential divider?

A Google image search returns a similar circuit to what you need on the third hit. It's easy to modify it to give the voltages you need. You'll need a higher voltage transformer than 12V to reliably get 12V out: 15 V should do.

http://www.eleccircuit.com/lm317-linear-power-supply-regulator-selector-15v3v45v5v6v9v-15a/
https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=opera&q=LM317+regulator&oe=utf-8&channel=suggest&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=mngKUeTCBcqp0AWVwIDoDw&biw=1920&bih=927&sei=u3gKUeaYGou10QWLs4D4Dg

I do not answer private messages asking for help because no one else can: benefit from advice I may give or correct me if I'm wrong.

Please ask on the open forum if you have a question: if I know the answer, I'll be happy to help.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Advertisements
No New Posts
Today at 01:39:33 AM
in
Advertisements
by google

Login with username, password and session length