Innostick 6 SBC Runs Linux on Low Power i.MX6 ULL SoC
Shanghai Naxing Electronics (NXElec) has now entered to the NXP world with its miniature version of the new “Innostick 6” SBC. The 80 x 42mm footprint board features the low-power, i.MX6 ULL, a variation on the i.MX6 UltraLite (UL) that offers a single Cortex-A7 core which is clocked at 900MHz. Other i.MX6 ULL SBCs include MYIR’s 70 x 55mm MYS-6ULX and PolyVection’s open source VoltaStream Zero, an audio streaming SBC that features a similar footprint.
The system is equipped with a variation of Yocto Project “Morty” based Linux stacks, one with X11 and one with Qtopia. Debian Stretch is also supported by this board. There is no evidence that this is an open source board. However, there’s a wiki on elinux.org and the company has a section in the forums at the PhpBB community site.
The Innostick 6 ships with 512MB DDR3L RAM and either 16GB or 32GB eMMC storage. There’s no Ethernet port available, but WiFi and Bluetooth are present. The only coastline ports are the USB 2.0 host and micro-USB OTG ports. The SBC is further equipped with a resistive touch-enabled LCD interface and a CSI Parallel camera interface. There are also 16- and 50-pin GPIO headers.
Specifications listed for the Innostick 6 include:
- Processor: NXP i.MX6 ULL; 1x Cortex-A7 @ 900MHz
- Memory & storage: 512MB DDR3L; 16GB or 32GB eMMC
- Wireless: 802.11b/g/n with Bluetooth 4.0 (AP6212 module)
- Display & camera:
- 24-bit RGB LCD interface with 4-wire resistive touch support
- 8-bit CSI Parallel input
- Other I/O:
- USB 2.0 host port
- Micro-USB 2.0 OTG port
- ENET2, ECSPI4, I2C3/4, UART6/7/8, PWM5/6/7
- ECSPI3, I2C1/3/4, UART1/2/4, FLEXCAN1/2, ADC IN5/6/7/8/9, PWM1/2/4/5/6/7, QSPI, SAI2, SPDIF, EPIT1/2, GPT1/2, WDOG1, CCM
- Other features: LED; reset button; boot and power jumpers
- Dimensions: 80 x 42mm
- OS Support: Yocto Morty Linux with X11 or Qtopia 5.6, Debian Stretch