LM3909 is a monolithic oscillator designed by National Semiconductor , to flash (LED) Light Emitting Diodes. Packaged in DIP 8 package LM3909 will operate between -25 and 75 degree . LM3909 require to work only few components and can be used in many light electrical applications. LM3909 can be used in applications like : warning indicators powered by 1.4V to 200V, toys and novelties . This chip seems not in production right now, do you know any replacement IC? leave comment.
The main features of LM3909 are :
- operation over one year from one C size flashlight cell
- bright, high current LED pulse
- few external components- low cost
- low voltage operation ( 1V to 5V )
- low current drain (under 0.5 mA )
- wide temperature range