Makerarm just lauched on kickstarter. It’s a penknife for the DIY world, it can make almost anything by changing the toolhead!
A complete digital fabrication system for makers everywhere: 3D print, laser, carve, plot, assemble, pick/place + more on your desktop!
- Makerarm works with interchangeable heads for countless applications.
- It 3D prints: Makerarm is not confined to a box and can 3D print with both filament and resin.
- It carves and mills: Makerarm includes high-speed desktop milling (light duty) and carving. You can mill on a variety of materials including plastics, wood, and soft metals right on your desktop. You can even hook up heavy duty flex shaft tools such as the Dremel Fortiflex to Makerarm for power-carving, grinding, or shaping applications (with speeds up to 23,000 RPM!).
- It laser engraves: Makerarm’s high power 500mW laser head (405nm) engraves and etches on plastics, wood, leather, cardboard, and more.
- It picks and places: Choose from vacuum pump coupled suction cups, electromagnetic heads, or grippers to carry out pick and place operations.
- It assembles: With the assembly heads, you can automatically place and fasten screws, carry out gluing, and perform pick and place functions.
- It’s a PCB fab: PCB milling, drilling, solder-paste dispensing, pick and place assembly (PCBA), and automated soldering take the hassle out of prototyping.
Makerarm – The first robotic arm that makes anything, anywhere – [Link]