An option for adding more data storage memory in your microcontroller project is to use an external memory card. To implement this solution low level design is required in controller side. The micro-DRIVE (uDRIVE-uSD-G1) simplifies the use of microSD memory card with your next project allowing you to access data in microSD card using simple serial connection. A handful set of commands is used to access data on card making easier than ever the use of high data volume storage for your next project.
- General purpose data storage device with a simple serial interface that can be added to any design in a wide range of embedded applications.
- DOS compatible file access (FAT16) as well as low level access to card memory.
- On board microSD memory card interace and adaptor.
- Accomodates off the shelf microSD removable memory cards upto 2GB capacity
- Simple serial commands provide full read-write access to the card.
- Easy 5 pin interface to any host device: VCC, TX, RX, GND, RESET.
- Serial interface (TTL levels) with autobaud feature from 300 to 256K baudrates
- Onboard Status LEDs:
GREEN: Power and Memory Card detect indicator
RED: Drive data access indicator
- 3.6V to 5.5V range operation.
- Tiny footprint: 14.9 x 18.9 x 3.5mm.
- RoHS Compliant.
Tiny embedded data storage ‘drop-in-module’ – [Link]