This minimalistic board is packed with features and comes with an extensive ecosystem of documentation and firmware.
For the student (we are never too old) that wants to fast track his career as a professional firmware developer there is:
- a detailed getting started guide
- an Atmel AVR quick start guide, with tutorials and examples
- Recommend best practices
For the developer that wants to improve his game there is:
- A header to quickly connect different kinds of peripherals (GPIO, A/D, UART, SPI & I2C). Notice that each interface has it’s own +3V3 and GND pins to make wiring easier and also improves EMC.
- A full-featured CLI application to experiment with the connected device and verify that it works, before committing to a single line of C code.
- A firmware framework that lays the foundation so that you can quickly develop a new application.
- A Temp&Pressure Logger and Analog voltage Logger application that demonstrates how you can quickly develop your own custom logging application using the onboard AT45D DataFlash.
Atmel ATmega328P Scorpion Board – [Link]