4D Systems, the manufacturer of intelligent graphics solutions, has announced a new 0.9” smart display module as part of the ‘IoD-09’ series. This series is a set of small full-color TFT display modules that feature the Espressif ESP8266 SoC. It also comes with microSD card slot and is compatible with Arduino IDE.
The IoD-09 modules have 6-pin connector at each end, which can connect easily to other applications and boards. It is also suitable for connecting to accessory boards for a range of functionality advancements. The design of these display modules provides a suitable platform for easy integration of displays into a product.
IoD-09 Display Module Specifications:
- 80 x 160 Resolution, RGB 65K true to life colors, TFT Screen.
- Built-in WiFi suitable for ‘Internet of things’ applications.
- 802.11 b/g/n/e/i support
- Integrated TCP/IP protocol stack
- WiFi 2.4 GHz, supporting WPA/WPA2 and WEP/TKIP/AES, along with STA/AP/STA+AP/P2P operation modes
- 4Mbit (512kb) of Flash memory for User Application Code and Data.
- 128Kb of SRAM of which 80kb is available for the User.
- 12 pin/pad interface, for all signals, power, communications, and programming.
- Onboard microSD memory card connector for multimedia storage and data logging purposes.
- DOS compatible file access (FAT16 or FAT32 format).
- Display full-color images, animations, and icons.
- 4.0V to 5.5V range operation (single supply).
- Module dimensions:
- (TH version) 31.8 x 16.4 x 11.7mm.
- (SM version) 37.0 x 16.4 x 5.9mm.
- Weighing: (TH / SM) ~5 g.
- RoHS, REACH, and CE compliant.
IoD-09 is also available on two different models, IoD-09TH TFT LCD module with Through Hole interface, and IoD-09SM TFT LCD module with Surface Mount interface. In addition, they can act as master or slave devices, connect to the internet, display a raft information and graphics, along with the capability to communicate to SPI, I2C, and/or 1-wire devices, as well as having general GPIO for digital control/input.
The IoD-09 is compatible with Arduino IDE and the 4D Systems Workshop4 integrated development environment (IDE). Workshop4 provides powerful graphics using the GFXdloIoD09 graphics library specifically for the IoD-09 series through a drag and drop style graphical user interface (GUI).
Finally, you can buy the IoD-09 display module for about $20. There is also a starter kit for $40 which includes the module, the 4D-UPA programmer, and a 4GB micro-SD card. For more information, you can visit the official page and download the datasheet.