XBEE, the FPV racing drones manufacturer, had produced recently its new racing frame “XBEE X V2” for $75. It is a follow-up to the previous model “The XB-X Mk2” and it is a quad drone frame with a camera on its body. X V2 is designed with Wheelbase 220mm size guide.
First-person view (FPV) is also known as video piloting. Using this technique you can control a radio-controlled vehicle from the driver or pilot’s view point. The vehicle is either driven or piloted remotely from a first-person perspective via an onboard camera, fed wirelessly to video FPV goggles or a video monitor.
- Full Carbon Fiber.
- 2mm Bottom Plate, 2mm Top Plate and 4mm arms
- Matek PDB include(PDB-XPW W/ CURRENT SENSOR 140A & DUAL BEC)
- Black steel screws(option titanium screws)
- Transmitter mount include
- weight : 79g
To build a full drone with the V2 frame you will need these parts with a total budget of about $450:
- Frame: XBEE-X V2, $75.00
- Flight Controller: X-Racer F303 Flight Controller (39 builds), $28.19
- ESCs: 4 x FVT Littlebee 30a Blheli ESC, $60.00
- Motors: 4 x BrotherHobby Tornado T2 2206 2300KV 2600KV Brushless Motor for FPV Racer Multicopters (2 builds), $95.96
- Propellers: 6 x 2 Pair DALPROP T5045C Cyclone 5 Inch 3 Blade Propeller Clover Prop Black Red Orange Green (5 builds), $18.06
- FPV Camera: Runcam Swift 600TVL DC 5 to 17V Horizontal Fov 90 Mini FPV PAL Camera IR Block with 2.8MM Lens(62 builds), $36.99
- FPV Transmitter: Furious FPV 600mW Passado OSD-VTxSKU: FPV-0131-S (3 builds), $59.95
- Antenna: TBS TRIUMPH SMA(RHCP 2PCS) (220 builds), $39.95
- Receiver: FrSky X4R-SB 2.4G 16CH ACCST Telemetry Receiver Naked (171 builds), $31.99
This video by X-FramesFPV will show you how to build XBEE X V2:
You can also follow this guide for detailed instructions of a full build of V2.