3A TEC Driver Module is a complete power stage solution to drive Thermoelectric Cooler (TEC). The required DC voltage input controls the output current. It consists of the Texas instruments DRV593 power driver IC, along with a few discrete passive components required for operation. It also includes jumpers for configuring the features of the device, LEDs for fault monitoring, and an output filter. The 4 Pin header connector for the inputs, 4 pin header connector for output, and 4 Pin header connector for power supply, provide ease of connection to any system, from an existing design to a bread-boarded prototype. Connect a dc control voltage to CN1 Pin 3 (IN+), ranging from ground to VCC. The Pin 7 of the IC is held to VCC/2 with a resistor voltage divider, as shown in the schematic. Therefore, a dc control voltage of VCC/2 provides 0-V output from PWM to H/C. Input DC voltage range is 1.2V to 3.8V when supply voltage is 5V and 1.2V to 2.1V when supply voltage is 3.3V.
- 3A Maximum Output Current
- Low Supply Voltage 2.8V To 5.5V
- Frequency 500 KHz (Refer to Note To change Frequency)
- High Efficiency Generates Less Heat
- Over Current and Thermal Protection
- Fault LED for Over Current, Thermal & Under Voltage Conditions
- When J3-Jumper is closed, the board is configured for 500-kHz operation.
3A Thermoelectric Cooler (TEC) Driver – [Link]