Libre Computer announced their new ROC-RK3399 Renegade Elite single board computer that can run Android Oreo or mainstream Linux 4.19+. The SBC features GbE (Gigabit Ethernet) with PoE, HDMI 2.0, 2x USB Type-C with DP, 3x USB 2.0, and dual 60-pin headers. It is accompanied by a 4GB LPDDR4 RAM and eMMC 5.x interface for storage.
ROC-RK3399 Renegade Elite is built around the high-end Rockchip RK3399 SoC. The SoC features 2x Cortex-A72 cores, which are typically clocked up to 2.0GHz, as well as 4x -A53 cores and a Mali-T860 GPU. This SBC is larger than the Raspberry Pi but is smaller than the more feature-rich Firefly-RK3399. The Renegade Elite is equipped with dual USB 3.0 Type-C ports that support DisplayPort as well as USB functions, and one of them is designed as a power input for the 12V SBC. Three USB 2.0 ports are also available along with an HDMI 2.0 port, an eDP interface, and a mix of MIPI-DSI and CSI interfaces.
Unfortunately, the Renegade Elite lacks discrete audio interfaces unlike many other SBCS, so it’s impossible to utilize the SoC’s exceptional audio features. Though it’s safe to assume that the HDMI 2.0 supports audio. The 60-pin high-speed PCIe and 60-pin low-speed connectors may include audio among many other interfaces.
The key specifications:
- Processor: Rockchip RK3399 (2x Cortex-A72 cores, 4x Cortex-A53 cores); Mali-T860 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- eMMC 5.x interface
- MicroSD slot
- 128Mb SPI NOR
- HDMI 2.0 port
- 2x DisplayPort (via 2x USB 3.0 Type-C)
- MIPI-DSI /CSI
- Networking: Gigabit Ethernet port with optional PoE
- Other I/O:
- 2x USB 3.0 Type-C (1x with power) with DisplayPort support
- 3x USB 2.0 host ports
- UART and UART header
- Expansion: 60-pin PCIe header; 60-pin low-speed header
- Other features: IR receiver; RTC with battery backup; recovery button
- Power: DC 12V (power input via Type-C)
- Operating system: Android 8 Oreo; Rockchip Linux 4.4; Mainline Linux 4.19+