Jump to content
Electronics-Lab.com Community

TooExpensive

Members
  • Content Count

    6
  • Joined

  • Last visited

    Never

About TooExpensive

  • Rank
    Newbie
  • Birthday 01/20/1982
  1. Hi again, now I understand the question about the transformer: Without mod.: free: 26,33V loaded circuit with 25V preset/4,3Ohm: 25,7V modded: free: 28,96V loaded: 28,3V I got these values from my records and I could also read the Voltage after the rectifier/smoothing sinks on the big transformer from 37,8V to 34,4V. Should I think about shottky rectifier? Or will thicker wires do the trick...Ill see. In the original thread the BD249 for output transistor is mentioned...is this usable...are modifications needed to do this? Bye again.
  2. Hi, I can measure the output disortion, what I did was after my mind to determin the point when the circuit becomes instable or the supply voltage drops too much. When I set the potentiometers beyond this point when driving low resistance loads it shows in form of fast growing spikes on the screen which also shows in dc setting. Of course I cant get this resolution in dc. I cant say how much the output voltage drops at 25V/5A because i didnt measure it yet, but I can say for 30V preset at 4,3Ohms. I measured 6,25A and the clamp voltage dropped to 27,8V. I try to keep that in mind to measure it
  3. Hi, as promised I want to post the fruit(s) of my efforts. Thanks again to everybody in the front lines for developing the circuit to this state. The image quality is very low but its the best I can offer, therefore I have not tried to make an image of the scope line when testing the circuit. Please keep in mind that its an experimental arrangement for testing purposes. While building the board I noticed that the board layout is in some places a little unsuitable for this circuit, its very tight and the main conductor pathes are a bit small, but nothing serious. There is always a soltion. The
  4. Thank you for your fast reply, I have all missing parts together now (mostly high power resistors). Except the OPamps MC34072 was not in stock the other n/a. Ill figure out about this problem later. Tomorrow will be a corrosive day (hopefully). Ill keep you updated (maybe with some pictures from my 640x480 webcam, who knows...) Good night.
  5. Hi there, I have researched a bit and found this project worth building, it is of usable quality and as a big plus the layout is available so Ill just give it a try. Since I have a 24V/210VA transformer available this is my starting point. I want to use the layout of the original project of course with the benefits of higher output current. U1-3 will stay TL081, I have them already. 3x 2N3055, each with emitter resistors of 0,1R-0,27R/min. 2W (all will get the same value). Q1/Q2 will be TIP31A or BD241 depending what I can find in my boxes or what is available at the store. If I got it right
  6. Hi, this is my first post here, so please dont eat or beat me. I WAS willing to build either the oiginal or the improved PSU. I even bought some parts for the project today. But after coming home i made the mistake reading the two threats. The one for the original design with incredible 78 pages and this one with 22. A huge input and an outstanding example of endurance. Good work, especially by kain and audioguru. This runs for 2 years and still postings are comming in this proves the interest in this circuit. But after reading all this i am missing a summary. It seems that the double sided
×
  • Create New...