Jump to content
Electronics-Lab.com Community


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. It is literally used to change gears, the underside of the gear lever passes over the hall sensors and depending on which one it passes, it will change up or down. I will try your suggestion of measuring the output with and without, I can only assume that introducing the correct voltage to the output will fool the system into switching.
  2. Gear change for a non clutch pedal semi auto gearbox.
  3. I have an 8 pin chip (555 size) already soldered to a PCB and I want to read and write back to the chip. I have seen a sprung clip (like a clothes peg) that fits over the chip so the info can be read. I saw them ages ago and can't find them again. Any ideas what I am looking for and if the software automatically recognises the type of chip and what pin does what? cheers.
  4. Hi guys, i'm trying to reverse engineer and alter (not for any profit or gain of course) a part of my car. This particular PCB contains a hall effect sensor which are new to me. From what I understand is the sensor allows a greater flow of electrons through it as a magnetic field passes it. the questions I have, if I may are: do the sensors ever become 100% efficient and allow all the current flow through or is there always a loss? is it possible to bypass the sensor with a switch? From what I can fathom out is that the sensor output is monitored to a certain degree and when the current rises to, or above, a certain level, the circuit will switch. From that I assume that connecting the input voltage to the output pin via a switch would allow a fake signal to be generated to the switching part of the circuit. It would great if anyone could confirm, deny or help with this. The hall effect sensors are, I believe, unipolar, 4 pin (dual earth) IC's. The number on the top is 41E if that is any help. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
  • Create New...