Jump to content
Electronics-Lab.com Community


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited


About johndeverill

  • Rank
    Advanced Member
  1. Hi Ante, Yup it worked OK connected to the PC. The circuit below is a bit simplistic but is colour coded as per the PC molex connectors.
  2. Hi all, There is probably a very straightforward answer to this so you will have to excuse my ignorance. I have a PC fan controller that I want to run on batteries. It came with the standard 12v,-ve,-ve,5v molex connector. I connected the 12v wire to a 12v battery pack +ve. I then connected another wire from the +ve to a 5v regulator and onto the 5v wire. I then connected the 2 ground wires and the regulator ground to the battery pack -ve terminal. The LCD backlight comes on and that's it. I am going to be installing this in my car so should all ground connections go to the body earth of the car? If anyone can help with this it would be great as I'm sure it's a simple problem that I just don't have the knowledge to fix. Thanks in advance John
  3. Hi Ed, That's great. Ill give it a try. Many Thanks John
  4. Hi Ed, AFAIK it's the ISE4B PNP. Cheers John
  5. Hi, Here's how it all connected
  6. Hi, I have an SMC digital pressure switch. Basically it has three wires +,- and output. I want a 12v solenoid to activate upon reaching a set pressure. This is being used in a car. I connected it all up to the 12v battery. I then connected the output to a multimeter. All seemed fine, no signal in the output wire until the set pressure was reached and 12v was recorded in the output wire. Great, I thought. So I connected up a 12v DC solenoid....+ve to the output wire and -ve back to the battery terminal. Upon pressure being reached the switch threw up an overcurrent error that the troubleshooting guide says is due to a short circuit. So I tried with the multimeter again and all seemed OK. MM -ve connected to battery -ve. Am I missing something fundamental here? Do I need to connect the solenoid -ve to the body ground as opposed to the battery -ve? Thanks in advance John
  7. Absolutely fantastic! :) Cheers guys John
  8. Hi MP, That's great. At least I feel I am going in the right direction now. A transistor will have one conection with a varying voltage that acts to switch the circuit won't it? If so, would i then need to pass the differential output of the tranducer to an op-amp and connect that single output to the transistor? The circuit uses a pot. to vary at which point it switches. If the voltage ranges produced by the LDR and Transducer vary Iassume it would then be a case of varying the pot/associated resistor to get the switching range correct. Sorry without a circuit diag it is hard to really explain but if the logic is right I think I could get it to work with a bit of tinkering. Many Thanks John
  9. Hi Guys, Many thanks for the info. I am very new to electronics so what I may be stating above may seem like a load of gobbledeegook, apologies. What i am trying to build is a pressure display/switch circuit. I have a LDR switch circuit currently and somehow was trying to replace the ldr with the pressure transducer so that it would switch dependent upon pressure rather than light. I think the circuit is using a transistor to switch as opposed to a op-amp. I also have a panel meter, which has differential inputs, so I assume would connect without a problem. The confusion I am having is getting my head around differential signals as I have seen transducers that output via one wire as opposed to +/-. Does this sound a feasable concept? Thanks John
  10. Hi, Sorry PDF was too large to attach so I've attached some zipped images from it if of any help. Thanks John trans.zip
  11. I have a trnasducer which outputs a 0-330mV +/- digital signal. I want to transform this to a 0-330mV analogue signal. Can I do this via an op-amp and can anyone give any advice on how to do this? Many Thanks John
  12. Many thanks Alun, You have been a great help. Regards John
  13. Hi Alun, Thanks for the confirmation. I suspected it would be nice and easy...for a change! I also want to convert the signal to a uni-polar signal aswell. Am I on the right track by thinking that you would connect the bi-polar to an op-amp? Many Thanks John
  14. Hi, If you have a transducer with differential outputs can this be connected directly to a panel meter with a differential inputs to measure the output voltage of the transducer? Thanks in advance John
  15. Hi, If anyone could help on this I would be eternally grateful as it is the last stage prior to my circuit being complete. Essentially I want the output signal/voltage of the tranducer to go to a panel meter. The transducer has a + and a - output connection and reads 330mV full scale output at 30psi. The panel meter has + and - input terminals. Can I just connect the + output of the transducer to the + input of the panel meter to read the voltage produced by the transducer on the panel meter LCD display? Many thanks John
  • Create New...