Electronics-Lab.com Community

Free sample chips!

mixos

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For prototyping purposes, you should get proto boards with the footprint of these chips and solder a couple of headers onto it to make it a dip package. Then it is a plug-in dip and you have not wasted it. Soldering is not too bad on these small ones if you use a lighted magnifier and plenty of solder flux on the pins before soldering. Don't forget to clean it all off with a little isopropyl alcohol.

Hope the tip is helpful.

MP

• 2 weeks later...

I m From Pakistan. I have tried Maxim today.I wanted to know if here is any member from Pakistan who had tried it, .Whether he got it or not.

I don't know wethe i had did it rightly or not.....I pressed the sample now button and then it showed me added,then I checked my sample cart and then pressed continue.It asked me to provide full info of mailing address and etc.then I clicked the submit button. It didn't show me any confirmation..Where I have to check whether it worked or not?? Afterwards I checked my sample cart again and that time it was empty....So does it mean then the request has been submitted??Thanx for any suggestion.

You should get an email confirmation that gives you an order number and lets you know the shipping address where the samples will be sent. If you did not list your email address, you will not get the confirmation.

MP

..Where I have to check whether it worked or not?? Afterwards I checked my sample cart again and that time it was empty....So does it mean then the request has been submitted??Thanx for any suggestion.

After submitting, you should have seen a page that tells you the order is not yet placed. It confirms your mailing address and you have to press another button to go to a confirmation screen. It will confirm the order and you will simultaneously get an email. It sounds like the last step did not go through. As allvol has suggested, you should re-order the samples.

MP

I feel I owe an apology to the forum's members and guests for some unnecessarily critical comments I posted recently regarding the Texas Instruments sample program.

To mis-quote the Bard, "The fault lies, dear friends, not in TI, but in I."

I placed another sample order today, but this time I was prepared with a website listing all datasheets, so I could not only see if I really could use the sample, but to verify its packaging.

It would be wasted time since this information changes on a daily basis. Besides, that would be a very large undertaking for someone. Are you aware of how many electronic components one would have to go through? This enormous number grows daily. It is a wonderful idea, but someone would need to write a computer program to perform such a task.

MP

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,
Philips also rocks. It is the only company IMO who ships a demo/evaluation board. I got a few of their demo boards through FEDEX. One of their I2C demo kit even contains a 9V, 1A SMPS power adapter. ;D. And the other kit contained a 9V duracell  battery :D.
So guys.... hats off to Philips.
Btw do you managed to get evaluation boards from any other company?

Regards