Electronics-Lab.com Community

Free sample chips!

mixos

Search the semiconductors.philips.com or standardics.philips.com. there are a few demo boards - a few low power audio amp boards and headphone amp boards and the I2C page for I2C related boards.
do check the spelling of the websites that i've mentioned.

______
Arup

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i havin't read the whole thread but just let me warn you that national semi reqires you to pay s+h, which can be expencive for only a couple chips and microchip wants an edu or company email address.

anyways been ordering samples for years and love it.

the good ones:

microchip
ti
intersil
analog devices
maxim

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I dont really need chips, I need more passive stuff.  Do any of those companies offer resistors, capacitors, pots and that stuff?  I am also looking for some transistors and diodes that I cant find at my local radio shack (radio shack sucks).

Same with me. Radioshack stinks >:(, their things r too expensive and they also don't have many things I need like Variable Capacitors.
Any1 have any info about getting passive component sample?

There was one site on the first page of this topic(says that it only passive devices next to it).  I like to see what I am ordering too, so I dont use mouser or digikey, I use www.allelectronics.com.  I was thinking today about how radio shack turned from an electronics store to a crappy toy/cellphone/tv/stereo store.  I saw pictures of the begining stores, and in one of the Short Circuit movies and it was awesome.  Too bad that I am 15 and didnt use radio shack when it was better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

TI:  >:( Regret to inform they cannot send me samples.  Might be because my email address is not corporate???  No reason was given.

Fairchild:  :) Waiting... they said it will be shipped

Maxim/Dallas:  :D Got an email confirmation, the parts will be shipped except one they did not have in stock.

Yay!  This is fun!

Going to be trying these next!

http://sample.microchip.com/Default.aspx?testCookies=true
http://www.microsemi.com/store/request.asp?REQTYPE=SAMPLE
http://www.atmel.com/forms/Samples.asp?family_id=650

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...