Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Hi!
Here is my ignition coil
bscap0008.jpg
bscap0009.jpg

There si little more tham 1cm space between wires. I need to fix that driver, because I didnt have samo parts like on scheme.

Sorry for bad quality  :P I have captured this images from video recorded on my mobile phone.

:)oh it would of been nice to see a close up of it , they have some strange ignition coils out , ive seen one with more than one hv output and it was rectangle shaped, and the one i used in one of my high voltage photo flash cap chargers as posted in the topic in the high voltage stuff section , it has a shape i cannot describe

:)very unusual teddy, what looks like  2 high voltage outputs is actually one high voltage output and the other the return , and the inputs well the neg is normally allso the return but i see its not , just different . i have a high voltage flyback transformer and it has a hv out and return both at the top  like your coil has them both at the front, keep up the good work tedy lets see ya driver circuit for it , is it the same as the ones i use they are easyer to make to

oh by the way if it takes to long to read all my posts . when exsperimenting with my high voltage output flyback transformer some time back, useing the same driver circuit , a wire come off a pot and the whole circuit went into resonance , acording to what i was told , the flyback would of went into resonance with the mosfet, resulting in super longer arcs , allso at the time i was allso runing the hv outputs through a modified high voltage polarity indicater , i think, anyhow if ya get it right youll be suprized at how far the arcs would go , and the battery i was useing, i think i was useing the high power 12 volts lead acid cell rechargeble battery for it

i see you use a mosfet instead of the 2n3055 npn power transistor ,  and if ya did use the 2n3o55 tranny , then you will have less chance of looseing that transistor as its not static sensitive like the mosfets are and will last longer . for the mosfet well you will need an mov from drain to source for protection

audio guru ive lernt that from surfing the net that movs are handy for mosfet protection , i was looseing mosfets in the circuit and so  when i put in an mov ive never lost a mosfet since  not bad hey , and even if they was suposed to be protected in circuit then the mov  would provide the extra protection

mosfets are very dear here , and  the npn power trannys are cheaper and i can use the 2n3058 to besides the 2n3055  for the ignition coil driver , the 2n3058 can handle more voltage than the 2n3055 but then i use 12 volts lead acid cell batteries so im satisfied with the great arcs i get from 12 volts , i have no need for any more voltage input than i can allready get

• 1 month later...

Following on:

"Any electronic device operating at a potential above 10,000 volts should be considered as a possible source of x-radiation even though it was not designed for that purpose. Devices are not considered hazardous when operated at voltages below 10,000 volts because the inherent shielding, such as is provided by the device walls, is generally sufficient for adequate attenuation of the x-rays. Even at somewhat higher voltages, this inherent shielding may be sufficient to reduce the radiation to an acceptable level."

Go see: http://www.abwem.wpafb.af.mil/radiation/index.cfm?id=66&objid=126&cat=Radiation%20Safety