Electronics-Lab.com Community

Oscilloscpoe & logic analyzer

billy

Help me guys please !!!

I really want a simple oscilloscope and logic analyzer, pc based, in order to 'see' in practice what I am reading and cannot understand :)

I searched the web a lot but the cost is a bit high to me. The best I found is BitScope (www.bitscope.com), which is a dream for the time being.

Is there a way to build one on my own ? I have found several schematics for oscilloscopes and logic analyzers (but not still both of them in the same project), which do not have very decent supporting software (very elementary GUI etc etc).

Do you have any suggestions, or even better, have you build something that work for you well ?

Thanks in advance ! 8)

• 3 weeks later...

I've been wondering about this too. Here's 3 more:

http://www.mainelectronics.com/scope-ct.htm

Has anyone used these? Are these a reasonable alternative to a "standalone" scope -- especially for someone just getting started?

As usual, I suspect you get what you pay for but if it's a PC scope or nothing...

I've had to make do with a couple of 2 ch. scopes on occasion. That gives me a 4 ch. 'logic analyzer'. If you're looking for a learning aid and you have access to class labs facilities you might be able to get more channels. I would would write a tight little loop to be able to view the signals in question for at least one complete cycle, i.e. a write or read cycle, bus arbitration, etc.

It ain't perfect, but it can work.

Jon

• 7 months later...