Electronics-Lab.com Community

Generators

steven

:)the latest generator ill soon be working on is powerd from a large high speed electric motor, one of my motor generators that i replaced with a better one had internal plastic cog damage . so i removed the round magnet, that i was told has several poles. and stuck it to the end shaft peace of that motor. i then inserted it into the coil section of the generater, then i fired it up and it works ok

• 1 month later...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

today i did a simple exsperiment with my high voltage output hand powerd generater and useing a photo flash capacitor in my collection of high voltage capacitors, i was able to charge this capacitor fully or more like over as you can feel the charge in the capac itor with my finger after i disconected the generater wire, this is something you dont get as when these capacitors are charged up in the camera you can put your finger across the capacitor terminals and feel nothing unlless you have 2 in sieries but this one acted like a pair in sieries, and useing a screw dxreiver to short the capacitor results in the big, pop as usual, the load on the hand power generater that makes it harder to turn is only a little bit as i rotate it forwards and backwards this loading ocurss e few times then drops out so the moter is erasy to turn again

i tried another test to charge that same photo flash capacitor up but it failed and to make things worce , thne microwave oven motor/generater, with the metal shaft, of which i assumed to have metal internal cog to, ended up breaking down so i had to dismantle the whole moter generater, onlt to find the inside cogs are plastic, to the cogs are ok, but its the part at the bottom of the metal shaft that sits into it ,that was made o plastic had striped , so i pulled out my spare hand powerd generater and tried it but it didewnt charge the capacitor up full as the 3kv ceramics in the hv multiplier inside the houseing was lower in value than the other hand powerd generater, so ill be concidering useing my high voltage output flyback transformer and a high voltage resister devider to charge these capacitors up with, as the high voltage resister devider, when hooked up to the flyback transformer gave me an output reduced to 240 volts which is nearly what i need to charge capacitors with

:) more experiments useing the high voltage multuiplier circuit from that hand power high voltage generater, with a few parts i was able to recharge that same capaciotr fully or just over, again and again with no faults so soon ill be posting the first hand powerd high voltage photo flash capacitor charger, as soon as i put together a neon charge indicater of some kind, to indicate the capacitor is charged. in this one im useing a larger metal microwave oven motor/ generater that wont fit inside the hand power generater houseing.