Electronics-Lab.com Community

HELP WITH CLOCK( anyone please)

as of right now i feel like i want to jump out of a window my problem is an at home project in which i am trying to build for my son's a digital clock capable of displaying hours, minutes and seconds i am using 7490 , a 7447 a 330 ohm series resistor chip and a 7 segment display LED. I have my seconds and minutes running perfect and pulsing at the correct time. on my hour hand which is the problem i am using a 7490 for my mod 10 and a 7492 for my mod 2 which is not going well. I have a 7408 for my hour hand running to my master resets. I am so close but am now lost what am i doing wrong and can you help I am building this on a breadboard and would appreciate some instructions or maybe a diaghram of the schematic i am so close yet so far.

It has been quite some time since I have used modulo X circuits. If you could post your schematic, perhapsw we could all have a look and see if we can help. In the meantime, I have found this link that might be helpful:

http://www.ccse.kfupm.edu.sa/~masud/text/lab7.pdf

I also recall seeing another post here in the past about someone building a clock circuit like this. You might find the other post with the search feature of this site. Then you can contact the author of the post through the message system. It will send an e-mail to them directly.

MP