Electronics-Lab.com Community

Remote Controlled on/off, reset and eject for computer

I am completely new to the world of remote control and though I've spent 2 hours checking the net, I haven't found anything to fit my application.

I'm working on desigining a Hot-Rod style computer case and one of the features I want is everything to be shaved and filled flush, including the power/reset buttons and the CD-ROM (only a small slot for loading). What I want is a small remote (pre-made preferably) that works on RF or IR that has at least 3 buttons that will control 3 seperate relays in a momentary switch configurations. I wouldn't mind building the receiver myself but I want the remote to look very nice.

Any ideas on something I could use to accomplish this?

Yes You could use a remote starter for a car. You can get one at most Auto Parts stores. The 12v to operate the reciever can be tapped from the Computers Power supply. The remote will control 3 things in a car and the relays are already built into the Control Box. The controls open the door locks and lock the doors. Open the trunk and lock the trunk and Finally Start the engine in the car.

Are those enough controls for you?