Guest 12412

do you like touch switch 2  

8 members have voted

1. 1. do you like touch switch 2

• yes
    • no
    • a little

• 2 weeks later...

There is no schematic. There is a photograph, a sketch showing the completed circuit board and external wiring, a PCB pattern and a parts-mounting diagram. If there was a schematic then I could see how it works and how it does it. I could also see whether the parts are matched to each other.
Even if the title was correct so that I could find the project, I would not vote about it without seeing a schematic.

Thanks, MP.
Are you able to attach the schematic to the project?
Maybe you could add a note about why the author neglected to tie-down (ground) the floating inputs of the unused gates.

PS Maybe a warning not to use the circuit in winter if the humidity is low which causes a lot of static electricity. I recommend adding 1M resistors in series with the live contacts. Steven's spark generator could be used to test the effectiveness of adding these resistors.

There are probably as many touch switches out there as there are fuzz box circuits for guitar. If you don't like one design, there are hundreds more to look at.
You can find several here, for example:
http://www.discovercircuits.com/C/capacitance-sw.htm

MP

• 3 months later...

There are probably as many touch switches out there as there are fuzz box circuits for guitar. If you don't like one design, there are hundreds more to look at.
You can find several here, for example:
http://www.discovercircuits.com/C/capacitance-sw.htm

!cool :o

• 2 months later...