Electronics-Lab.com Community

[OT]-Wierd virus

Guest Kasamiko

Guest Kasamiko

I just check my mail today and received a lots of mail with virus attachment!! >:(
One thing that shock me is that I have one mail (with the virus) that the sender is ME also!!!
What should I do??

I get 15 to 20 of these per day. Since they appear to be coming from legitimate e-mail addresses, there is not much you can do but delete. I have told everyone that I e-mail, that I will never send them an e-mail with no description of the attachment, so that no one opens one with my e-mail address on it. I also never send a generic e-mail. My frst line always includes the name of the person I send it to. They also know I will never send an e-mail with nothing in the text field. This is a good indication that it is a virus.
I just delete the viruses when I get them. They are harmless unless you click on the attachment. Then hopefully, you have good virus software.
The reason you get them from yourself is because your e-mail address was in someone's address book who was infected by this virus. It is able to spoof all of the addresses in that address book.

MP

Guest Kasamiko

@Ante
I'm using PCCillin Trend Micro Internet Security with the latest .DAT file.

@MP
You're right MP, I just deleted them. If you're using Yahoo's account if the attachment contains some virus, it wont allow you do DL the file. But it is very annoying :-\ sorting legitemate and infected file.. :(

Guest Kasamiko

I was hit with sasser worm!!!
It was easy to remove with removal tools from Microsoft.. 8)
here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=76c6de7e-1b6b-4fc3-90d4-9fa42d14cc17&displaylang=en

I get this message atleast 10 times a day.
application/octet-stream
Scan result: Virus "W32.Netsky.P@mm" found.
The file attached to this message was infected with a virus that we were unable to clean. You can not download this attachment. Note:
Not all viruses can be cleaned. Please contact the message sender and request that they send you a virus-free version of this attachment.