Electronics-Lab.com Community

High Voltage Stun Gun !

Fahad

Hi

I completed this project
http://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/science/016/index.html

but I feel hard to make high voltage transformer 1000v /6000v

and one could help me and tell how I can construct this transformer with more detail .. ???

Thankx

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have completed this project and found nice output transformers at amazing1.com. I used the secondary of the output transformer for some nice kv voltage. This circuit will also drive an automotive ignition coil for approximately 40kv at this time using 8 AA batteries for power supply.

• 2 weeks later...

:)dont worry about t1 if you biulfing this stun gun there are alternatives like a flyback driver circuit that not only powers flyback transormers but any transformer in reverse  mode this will give you some good arcs to  look at the topic hand powerd generator  i used 2x 6kv ceramics to make a mini marx generator  and this alone would be an ideal adition  as it put out fat arcs when powerd up from the hand powerd generater

• 2 months later...

hi there anychance of some help i have built on bread board the circuit ,have got about 650v across pins but have trouble with pulse transformer.imade one as per instructions but does'nt work .6ohms across primary winding+102ohms acrosssecondary,any ideas give us a bell.

I have completed this project and found nice output transformers at amazing1.com. I used the secondary of the output transformer for some nice kv voltage. This circuit will also drive an automotive ignition coil for approximately 40kv at this time using 8 AA batteries for power supply.

• 3 months later...

There are lots of articles in the "Articles" section which will help explain things. Our high voltage guru here on the site is steven. If you have a question about how the high voltage part of this project works, you can send him a personal message to user name steven and he will receive it. If it is electronics in general that you need help with, I recommend the articles section. There are also several eBooks posted in the Electronic Resources forum. Lots of beginner books and tutorials there.
Hope this helps.

MP

;)thankyou mp im flatterd, even though i collect circuits for a hobby and biuld high voltage stuff , im not  much for technicle exsplanation,s  but  it aint to hard to use a high voltage produceing circuit for things like a stun gun , audio  guru is good at the technicle side of circuits , i just biuld them and upgrade and modify them and include new ideas into them

labtyd2, there is my point exactly. Just jump in like steven and you will learn these things by doing.  ;)

The circuit you are asking about is found here:
http://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/science/016/index.html

The technical side: The basis of this circuit is a 9 volt battery used to power a 555 timer which is used as a charge pump to make an AC voltage from the 9 VDC. The 555 triggers the mosfet, which causes a pulse at the primary side of a 1:100 transformer. This ratio increases the AC voltage considerably (100 times at this step). The result is a high voltage at the end of this circuit, which is labeled as a spark gap. This is the point where it is very dangerous. The spark jumping across this gap is HIGH VOLTAGE.

There was a conversation about this project here:
http://www.electronics-lab.com/forum/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=835

I taught my son how to make a similar device which was used for an arcing visual effect. This one was simply a 555 charge pump amplified with a 2N3055 and fed to an automotive coil. It was for a project when he was in the 9th grade (several years ago). I got a call before day's end to come pick up the battery pack. As soon as his teacher saw his demonstration to the class, she confiscated the battery pack for safety. However, she did give him an A.  ;D

MP

• 2 weeks later...