Electronics-Lab.com Community

High Voltage Stun Gun !

Fahad

• 3 weeks later...

hi anyone
I decided to make a high voltage stun gun for me.I think it is very interesting but I have questions about this project:
1-whats the role of j1 in schematic?Is that power button?
2-a picture of audio transformer or 2/220 1VA
3-whats U2 spark gap?
more guidance and help for making pulse tranformer (u3 in schematic) ; a picture of it ; and a picture of ferrite stick.
thanks alot.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

AM portable radios have a ferrite bar antenna. The ferrite bar might make a good core for a high frequency transformer. Get one from a broken old AM radio.

A transformer needs a proper core for its operating frequency.
Low frequency mains power transformers use steel laminations for a core. Mid and low radio frequencies use ferrite and high radio frequency transformers sometimes use no core.

• 1 month later...

N4, if you have a good quality voltmeter, you can measure the voltage directly. Most will measure 1000 and some better quality will measure 2000 volts. Check the specs on the one you are using. You might be surprised to find you already have everything you need.

MP

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I shall post my questions here, as the hyperlink said  ;D

1. What is T2. T2 is discussed at length, but I fail to actually see it on the circuit diagram.

2. How do I wire in the pulse transformer.

3. What exactly is a pulse transformer, and how does it work?

4. What is the arrow pointing straight down between the battery and C2?

Hope someone can answer my questions. :)

• 3 years later...

Yep, it's a difficult job. Wind the LV coil (thick wire 15 turns) on to a round ferrite stick first. Put a plastic tube over this and fill with resin (ensure no air bubbles). Start the HV coil on the plastic tube and provide 5mm space at each end of the winding. As each layer is completed, apply a layer of insulation tape (overlap slightly). The insulation tape should extend approx 2mm beyond the end of the winding. Before continuing the next layer, apply self-emulsifyng tape to the ends of the winding (that's what the 5mm space mentioned earlier was for). Continue this until you have 10 to 14 layers for the HV coil.

Good Luck