Electronics-Lab.com Community

help: transceiver switch

hello there! i have a big problem in what switch or switching technique to be used regarding our Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)Reader/interrogator which is a transceiver.

we wanted to increase the read range or the effective area where our RFID can read the RFID tag...so we design and build an amplifier for transmit and receive operation (though we still don't know if it will work when integrated with the circuit). Modulation used for communication from reader to tag is amplitude shift keyingn and loading modulation from tag to reader.

It happens that our RFID reader/interrogator have only one node for transmitting and receiving signals/data. is there any way to synchronize the switching of the transmit and receive amplifier? is there a device that can disable and isolate the receive amplifier during transmit mode and vice versa.

please help me...thank you very much!

It sounds like you want to use a simple logic device but with an analog signal. Maybe an analog switch. Check to see if you can't use a digital device to enable the analog ouput. Otherwise, you could probably use a couple of emitter followers that are enabled or disabled with logic. You might have to use a couple of transistors to get the voltage right.

since our RFID reader's (transceiver) RF out (tx) pin is also its RF its(rx), what i wanted to do is to have a switch that can actually isolate the transmit/receive (tx/rx) amplifier when the transceiver is actually communicating with the RFID tag...

thank you