Electronics-Lab.com Community

True Knight Rider KITT scanner

Hello everyone!
My name is Wellington from Sao Paulo - Brazil ;)
I'm glad to find such a site, this is great!!!

So if you want the same look a like Knight Rider KIIT Scanner, this is the one. It gives the most close results from the original scanner, with trail lights.

You also can check this page for reference.

I love Knight Rider series, when i was a kid this was the car that I was dreaming to have.

hope you liked.

post-2786-14279141649848_thumb.jpg

Wellington,
Welcome to our forum.
For many years I have wanted to make your true Knightrider circuit. Its LM3014s fade smoothly between the LEDs, unlike the jerky action of 4017 circuits. I like the way that it slows down the speed of the scanning nearing each end, as it tracks the exponential charging and discharging voltage of the 555's timing cap.

I built a sound level meter using 2 cascaded chips like you have (but they were LM3915 logarithmic). In order to see the position of its lighted dot at a distance, and to see its entire range at night, I dimmly turned on the odd-numbered LEDs with medium-value resistors connected between the cathode of the LED and ground. Try it, it looks cool.