Electronics-Lab.com Community

My new headphone amp :-D

Hello all,

The other circuit that i've build was simple, but the sound was too flat, so i've build this one, the original can be found here, what can I say?
Very, very, very............good sound, so clean plus a good bass kicking (much better than the other one), i've made some modifications to fill my needs and to work with the enviroment that i was using it. The original circuit distorts the sound a bit (from the xbox AUDIO OUT used as source) and the volume at full distorts alot more.

I've include regulated/well filtered power supply circuit to use with it.

post-2786-14279141652358_thumb.png

Hi Wellington,
I am glad that your headphones amp project, "Headbanger", works well.
It is interesting that its author used additional negative feedback to reduce distortion and noise of the LM386, and to extend the bass response much lower than the rather small output cap would normally produce.

Hello audioguru,

At last it work well ;D
Yep, please note that the original uses normal cables to input/output this will increases the interference, i did mine with shielded cables at the input and output.

The bass of this little 'beast' gives a good punch without killing the high frequencies, thanks to R/C in at pins 1 and 5.
This is that kind of project to put in the "must have" section.