Electronics-Lab.com Community

Device to scare mosquitoes..

Guest Kasamiko

Guest Kasamiko

Is there an electronics device that GUARANTED to scare mosquito away?? Most mosquito repellers just don't work..I don't know any..

Rhonn ;) ;)

Hi Kasamiko,
I don't know of any electronic device to scare mosquitoes away. The ultrasonic gadgets don't work.
Over here, we use a lotion with a chemical called Deet. It works well. We also have a device with propane gas that makes a big "cloud" of carbon-dioxide (like what you exhale when breathing that attracts mosquitoes) that traps them in a big area.

Rhonn, I agree with audioguru. I have not seen an electronic device which works well with mosquitos, either.
Here is an interesting article also. This is also not an electronic device, but perhaps you could make an electronic device to distribute it. This might be similar to what audioguru was talking about except it is considered to be more safe than deet.

http://www.mosquitobarrier.com/

It is actually a mixture of Garlic Juice, Citric Acid and Potassium Sorbate according to the MSDS sheet on the product.
In case you want to read more about deet, it is here:
http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/factsheets/chemicals/deet.htm#1

Perhaps an electronic device which detects the level and sprays when it is low?

MP

Guest Kasamiko

Sad to hear that. :( So it means all the stuff like this that flooding Googles which claim that they emits sounds like that of a male mosquitoes which scares like hell female blood-sucking pest (maybe she's afraid of miscarriage! ;D) are all HOAX??
How about a mosquito trap??

Regards to all of you guys..

Rhonn ;) ;)

Guest Yevgenip

About The Ultrasound emmiter, It is not effective usualy because any wall or any object in the way blocks it. plus it has a very short range.
I would suggest to make like a big diafragm (dont know how to spell it), and make sure there are no objects in the way.

I used somthing similar to scare away birds.