Electronics-Lab.com Community

PSU 0-60Volts

Vainajala,

I am sure it will work with 45Volts if slightly modified. And the Mosfets must not be attached to the pcb or what do you think?

Ante ::)

Hmm...I just thought that ten parallel power transistors in a PCB might require many jump-wires (at least for single-layer board)...
But yes, it's propably better to move the mosfets from the board. I wonder what is the heatsink's thermal resistance requirement?

Even though I have another PSU "project" going on, this one interests me also... :)

Bikerman,

Dear neighbour, here you can buy the Mosfets in Denmark ;D.
http://www.elfa.se/elfa/produkter/en/2458.htm
They are not very expensive; they are cheaper than the 9540.
I think you can get away with 8 of them if well cooled. 8)

Bikerman,

I was in Denmark on Thursday so I had to get some Danish money, the exchange rate is 1.25sek for 1dkr. I purchased some Carlsbergs, nice to have a stock if the whether gets warmer (or even if it gets colder who cares) ;D. So, you are going to build this power supply then?

Bikerman,

If you decide to go for the dual supply here is some additional info:
http://www.a-and-t-labs.com/K2_Lab_Power_Supply/index.htm
You can buy a transformer for $75 if you like to have it all in one.
Have you found any source for the LM317HV (TO3) or the MJ 15023?

Ante

It would be nice to have the transformer all-in-one, but didn't really wanted the 5V supply..

I wanted to use the MJE4502 instead of the MJ15023 (if you read the text in the .pdf file besides the component list, they write MJE4502 as the power transistore, and they should be up to the job according to the spec.

still need to find the LM317HV, but if I can't find that one, I can get a replacement... can't remember the name though

Ante

hmm, I think thet the MJE4502 and the MJ4502 is the same... the ones I have is the MJ4502.. - atleast I'm probably gonna use them and see what happens....

I don't think that using the TO220 LM317 in stead of the TO3 is gonna be a problem...it shouldn't get that hot....