Electronics-Lab.com Community

Improvised movement triggerd switch

mixos

In this picture a slightly modified ignition pionts from a car i used to trigger a buzzer, first remove the spring clip that is attached to the points arm and body then solder, an ignition coil terminal to the top and bend part of it towards the barrel part of the arm now solder a thin twisted wire strand to the bottom of the points arm and that wire run it to the negative pin or terminal of a buzzer , then from the positive of the buzzer run a wire to the battery positive.

Now the body where the points arm sits on, fix a wire to it then run the wire to the battery negative now this is set up so that when the assemble is moved the swing points arm swings from its closed position till it contacts the swinging arm body this is where the terminal from an ignition coil is solderd to and a blob of solder is there to give contact allso. the buzzer is then triggerd, it is easy to modify a set of points from a car distribiutor to act as a movement switch to trigger anything once its moved, the yellow wire that is attached under the points body runs to the battery

by Steven

:D from steven if the botton points body electrode dosent conduct when when the points close then the top points body is the close circuit contact, but if the bottom electrode dose conduct when closed, you can set the points arm midway , or insulate the body electrode so that the buzzer will only trigger when the points arm top section contacts the points body when the arm swings up from movement.

reply to ante have you ever watched mac gyver on tv. this peace of improviseing, can be usefull , emagine you have that modified distribiutor cap points from your car, installed into something valueble and you dont have a mercury switch for triggering your alarm if that valuble iten gets stolen , so you pull this set of points out of your distribiutor cap in your car and modify it to act as a movement triggerd switch, the setup i posted here i can use that to trigger a relay or just the buzzer or alarm ,or anything else.

: reply to ante oh we still get points in the distribiutors of cars here in australia even fords not the electronic ignition types and i loved watching macgyver when it was last on tv, but its been off for a while now and the improvised movement triggerd switch can be used to trigger exsplosives to like any other trigger switch hence the name trigger switch, but in this case i use it to trigger a buzer like an alarm. as a warning device,

:D reply to audio guru im harmlless audio guru i dont use any past improvising, when i did it was for science and exsperimentation , if a time ever came and all countrys were at war we will have to lern to improvise with what we got in knowledge and with what we can find, to use in a survival sitiuation , for the benifit of all man kind.

Yes Steven,
I'm harmless too.
The telephone cable repair guy found a very old car part that was burried in my yard. If the world ever came to war then I will keep digging if I need the remainder of that car for my survival. Then we can throw LEDs, resistors and capacitors (charged ones) at the enemy, to protect ourselves!
You're lucky to have PVC pipe to make a missle launcher. ;D

he he. Up here, the Fords rust away before they can be scrapped for parts. Before they rust away, their engines seize because they leak so much oil.
Their owners say," I parked my Ford in my driveway last night, but now all that's left is a puddle of oil with rust floating on top".

he he. How do they drive in Australia, when eveything is upside down?

:)reply to ante and audio guru that was a classic bit of humour there throwing parts at enemies, i couldent stop laugthing ante good one , audio guru yes in australia here down under upside down here , fords are still around and so are distribiutor pionts and the round igntion coils to , and we do have rust buckets to , many like the american fords and for the holdens , many like them and some dont care about them anymore, as for electronic parts well the pionts and the coil ,and the indicater flasher unit as shown in my posting of the scr tester, are about the only usefull parts, and maybe a few other bits, you can improvise with,

:) :)from steven, ive been doing a bit of ideal thinking and the movement triggerd switch can be modified to use as a water level sensor to, by sticking a thin plastic stick to the rubbing block under the swinging pionts arm and attach a float to the botom of it and when the water level rise the top of the contact arm contacts the points arm body and sets the buzzer off, if you want it to sound when the water level is low just sand the insulation off the bottom points body electrode so it will contact and conduct and insulate the top section that i use to close the circuit. with you can use a relay to switch the pump off if its used to fill a water tank.

Just be safe when you improvise, and don't use the points and a float in your gas tank! (What if it is a diesel?)
But I don't think that it would always go BANG. If the float is set too high, there won't be enough air in the tank for the vapour to burn. Also, if the float is set too low then the mixture will be too lean.

Hey Steven, never mind the float, just use your big sparks, a sound trigger for your camera and let us know what happens!

For a movement trigger switch, I think you can disassemle a sport step-counter (hmm...... some of them use mercury switch or magnetic switch, but nowadays most use an arm+drum+spring wire due to thier low cost) and take out the mechanism.........

I will take a picture of that mechanism later and post here ;D