• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Kasamiko

Hi Rhonn,
Ferrite is used only for high frequency transformers, isn't it?

You are right John..at 85kHz on this circuit. I'm planning to install it directly inside a 14" colored tv..

post-0-14279142216063_thumb.jpg

Guest Kasamiko

That 370 VDC will be tapped directly to TV's main filter capacitor, 220uF/450VDC..then goes on TV regulator for 115VDC output for the rest of the circuit.. ;D

rhonn  ;) ;)

Guest Alun

That 370 VDC will be tapped directly to TV's main filter capacitor, 220uF/450VDC..then goes on TV regulator for 115VDC output for the rest of the circuit.. ;D

rhonn  ;) ;)

You could increase the efficenciey by bypassing the TV's internal regulator, modifying your circuit to give 115VDC and using it instead of the internal regulator. Doing this you could save quite a few watts.

Guest Kasamiko

You could increase the efficenciey by bypassing the TV's internal regulator, modifying your circuit to give 115VDC and using it instead of the internal regulator. Doing this you could save quite a few watts.

It's a good idea but then it will render the AC/DC function of the tv useless.. :P

@Sasi
I've tried a DC colored tv with almost the same inverter circuit running at 75khz..and I can't see any interference..

@audioguru
I've seen some tv brand/models that uses the FBT transformer as power supply chopper at the same time and using horizontal scan frequency..

post-0-14279142217582_thumb.jpg

Guest Alun

It's a good idea but then it will render the AC/DC function of the tv useless.. :P

So you wan to be still be able to run this TV of the mains as well as a battery.

You could just use a switch and mount you inverter circuit somewhere on the inside of the TV's cas,  then add a switch to change it from mains to battery mode. In battery mode the TV's internal regulator will be bypassed and in mains mode it won't be. This would give you the best of both worlds.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

can pls teach me how to calculate for the CD4047 and the MM5389 to get 50hz output??

The calculation for the frequency of a CD4047 oscillator is shown in its datasheet. It is used as a 50Hz or 60Hz oscillator in our 500W inverter project and here is the corrected schematic of its oscillator.

What is an MM5389??

post-1706-14279142963534_thumb.png

We have a law which regulates warranties for consumer products. I believe one year is the shortest time allowed for any product. In many other countries’s its 90 days limited warranty which is the most common time and that doesn’t even always include replacing the product just send it for repair.
Your hose supplier will eventually go bankrupt, that's a stupid way to operate a business. They should have put restrictions against UV exposure in the warranty terms. Anybody knows what UV does to rubber and PVC, and most anything for that matter. I once had car tires with 50000 km warranty and I did not run them for more than half of that distance I paid less than half the price for the next set of tires. This was more than 30 years ago and when I bought a new car after a couple of years they did not have the size to fit so I lost the deal. Since then I have stopped leaving rubber in every intersection and curve so the tires last much longer anyway! ;D

Your hose supplier will eventually go bankrupt, that's a stupid way to operate a business.

Nope. They are still in business many years later and so is my computer's manufacturer.
The hose people know that most morons lose their receipt so cannot participate in the unlimited warranty. My computer's people know that most morons don't use the rebate coupons but I always do.

I also had a very powerful car with a turbo. It was lots of fun.

The circuit you posted with a linear sine-wave from Mosfets uses an XR-2206 function generator IC to make the sine-wave, not a square-wave. I don't think the XR-2206 is made anymore.
The 500W square-wave inverter project on this site uses a Cmos CD4047 IC to make the square-wave. It has a Cmos oscillator, a digital divider to make a perfect 50:50 square-wave, a direct output and an inverted output.