Electronics-Lab.com Community

modify the 8-channel PWM controller to 3 channel???

zenon

The site shrinks the size of images which are too large to view. When you click on the file name, you will see the enlarged view.

If you only want three fan sections on this schematic, just use sections D0, D1, and D2. Then you should change the control software so that it only sends a signal to these ports to activate the fans.

MP

the green points to the branch that bothers me... I don't want the strobe function @ all.

can I just "erase" what's circled in green?

I live in canada, where would you suggest I get this stuff from? digikey has a cdn catalogue for sure.... not sure if jameco needs to go through the USA or not.

thnx.

post-3696-14279141714158_thumb.gif

Yes, as GPG has stated. The strobe, which is active low causes a connection of all stage emitters to ground. If you do not use this, then you can simply tie the emitters of the BC547s to ground.
If you have an outlet to digikey without crossing customs, I would recommend that you use it. I have had only good experiences with digi-key.

MP

• 3 weeks later...

okay I've picked almost all my parts... except I'm not sure about the capacitors, fuseholder and printer port connector.

I have picked these:
100nF cap:
D-Key.ca P\N: 511-1186-1-ND

10uF cap:
D-Key.ca P\N: 399-1614-1-ND

since I can't find any cheap caps to replace the 100nF cap that are available in quantities less than 10 I was thinking of just using all 10 as a power supply..... or maybe I'll just slap them in the cmoy-AMP I'm building :-\