Electronics-Lab.com Community

First Project

halo69_2003

Well, then at least you can check your resistors. Maybe your capacitors to if are lucky enough to own a multimeter with a range for these also. When checking your resistors it is a great opportunity to learn the color code to if your not already a master of it.

Hi, halo69_2003, seems you have some decent items to get started with, I would probably suggest doing a project that you can find useful for days to come... Not something you might create and find in the closet in a few weeks :) ..

Personally, I like the LED Multimeter because I have a very good LCD meter I brought from Radio Shack a while back that tests Caps, Transistors, Diodes, etc.. BUT, I can't stand the LCD It has no backlight! Makes it frustrating in low light conditions... So i am very eager to make the sinple LED Meter for that reason alone..

Good luck on your decision...

Guest Kasamiko

For me I started with a power supply, a 3 Amp. multiple output transformer connected to a selector switch to provide a variable voltage of 3, 4.5, 6, 9, 12 VDC to power future projects..
I suggest you start with this too.
Good Luck

Rhonn ;) ;)

Yes kasamiko suggestion for a first project is a good idea. If you're feeling a little more adventurous, this was one of my first project(http://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/power/032/index.html) it is fairly simple and gives a lot of information on how it works and how to construct it. Before I started the project, I try to understand as much as I could on how it works. Also be patient and take your time, it is easy to make a mistake but can be very hard to find.

Also be very careful with the transformer and the mains power.
You don't want this to be your last project

Actually my first project was a Time Delay Relay Why don`t you try this? The first delay relay I made had only four transistors after that I tryed the 555 timer monostable,astable mode after that CMOS circuits, TTL and so on and so on.Just you`ve got to be patient.Don`t worry if you burn a chip or diode I`ve done this thousands of times.