Adams Motor Project

kumaran

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is Adams Motor? Why it is so special? Please read through the links below in order to get basic understanding.

1) http://www.geocities.com/theadamsmotor/
2) http://theverylastpageoftheinternet.com/menu/pulse_motors.htm
3) http://theverylastpageoftheinternet.com/menu/muller.htm

Adams motor claimed to be OU (Overunity) motor/generator. Takes less input power to produce more output power. This motor claimed to be recharge the source by itself while the motor is running and ordinary motor can't do this.

As Robert Adams states, "Our universe is a sea of energy - free, clean energy. "It is all out there waiting for us to set sail upon it" Adams has built a number of permanent magnet electric D.C. motor generators based on the principle outlined in this article, some of which have demonstrated an electrical efficiency of 690% and a mechanical efficiency of 620%. The devices run at room temperature. Any device that doesn't could not be running at over 100% efficiency, as heat is the major result of hysteresis losses that are induced in any conventional electric motor or generator. Radiated heat is a sure-fire sign that a power generator is not running over unity, as all heat radiated by such a device is wasted energy.

Some other links

1) http://www.fortunecity.com/greenfield/bp/16/adamsmotorguide.htm
2) http://www.rexresearch.com/adamotor/adamotor.htm

Moved from earlier thread:

From where should this energy possibly come? The increase in the battery voltage does not say anything about regenerating energy. I can think of a number of reasons why the voltage increases, one is that during acceleration of the motor the current is higher than when the rpm has stabilized this will naturally let the battery regain it

Well I think that this is a little amazing and maybe all this stuff seems for me to be untrue because the motor can not recharge the source of power by itself there is always loss of power.Tell me a little more about it I saw the links that you gave me but I had a little work to do so I haven`t read them carefuly. ::)

Thank you for your feedbacks.

This is considered a fully normal reaction. And most important if there where any gain of energy in this kind of motor it is easily proven by swapping the battery for a capacitor, when is see this running I am convinced. Then you just have to push start the motor and it will run forever, or at least until you have a bearing failure or the cap dry out.

Some of the experimenter using two battery system. One is driving the motor and another is to restore regenerated energy. After comparing the losses and gain energy, gained energy are more than loss energy. (http://www.icehouse.net/john1/index100.htm).

If some of the motors on the pictures were even close to work they would work even better after some good engineering. I noticed details that can be improved for better efficiency.

Please list down the items to reengineer the motor for better performance. I would try to implement into my project motor if possible.

Well I think that this is a little amazing and maybe all this stuff seems for me to be untrue because the motor can not recharge the source of power by itself there is always loss of power.

Why? Because all the ordinary motors are not designed to recharge the power source. These type of motors, power goes in one direction only (battery -> motor) not both ways (battery -> motor -> battery).

Tell me a little more about it I saw the links that you gave me but I had a little work to do so I haven`t read them carefuly.

You got to read it to understand. I had many sleepless night thinking if this is posibble ??? When through few blind experiment, frustrated for not getting the result. Went back to notes, study and try to understand.

Why not a capacitor? Why buy expensive batterys that require maintenance and have a limited life span?
For better performance start with the very basic like the wiring. Instead of thin long wires with crocodile clips and wiring that looks more like a birds nest try to use a little thicker and shorter wires and soldered or screwed connections. This will make the projects look a bit more serious and certainly much more efficient. There are three things working against a project like this, the friction against air, the mechanical friction, and earth gravity. You can

For better performance start with the very basic like the wiring. Instead of thin long wires with crocodile clips and wiring that looks more like a birds nest try to use a little thicker and shorter wires and soldered or screwed connections. This will make the projects look a bit more serious and certainly much more efficient.

One of the important factor in this project is wire thickness which is been emphasize so many times by the inventors. Magnet wires should be in range of 24 - 26 AWG. Resistance of each stator windings must be in range of 6 - 10 ohm. Bifilar or unidirectional winding performs better result.

There are three things working against a project like this, the friction against air, the mechanical friction, and earth gravity. You can

John Bedini said

"My initial testing began on the above device, and then moved to principals employed in his newest patent applications. The above recovery circuit was but only a lesson in Radiant Energy recovery. The validated device is NOT flashing a lightbulb like some have ASSumed. It is charging batteries with NO electron current, and only requires a small amount of energy to operate the circuit that triggers the Radiant Energy for capture. You will not measure it on your meters, but it will manifest as a fully charged battery."

Hi All,

I'm not EE expert. Still new to this field. So I'm unable to comment so much untill I try out.

I will post the pictures and results once the things get moving. Need sometime as I'm doing this after my office hours at home. Every day spent around 2-3 hours doing these stuffs.

When comes to electronic matters, I will rely on this sites to get an answer.

Wait and see... Wish me luck buddies...

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings all,

I have setup a simple bedini motor prototype. Yesterday (07 Sep 2004) I manage to see some charging effect to the secondary battery.

The charging are really fast. Here is the unofficial result taken from observertion yesterday.

Before running
===========
Primary battery : 13.03
Secondary battery : 10.01

While running
==========
Primary battery : 12.78 and stays there
Secondary battery : charging fast (around 0.01 in a minute)

After running (Stop the motor after secondary reaches 12.0 V)
=========
Primary battery : Fast recovery.
Secondary battery : 12.0V

Check after 15 minutes
================
Primary battery : 13.03 (back to original voltage)
Secondary battery : 11.58

I still have to do a lot of testing in order to prove that this machine is overunity.

Wait and see...

• 2 weeks later...

hi kumaran

i just saw this fro the EDVGRAY yahoo group, about the adams motor, perhaps its another bit of incentive to go RV i have never seen this info before perhaps you can explain it to me in laymens :D

> So what Adams is saying is you pulse on once yourself, magnet
skims by, and then when you turn off current goes in the opposite
direction back down coil and gives another FREE push to outgoing magnet. IS THIS RIGHT?

> Yes, that is right. It is as simple as putting a diode
> across the transistor/mosfet/commutator. So, keep in
> mind that the timing must be correct. At TDC/register,
> when the pole pieces are in full alignment the power pulse
> is applied. If the pulse is held on too long the kickback
> through the diode and coil will be acting on empty space.
> Therefore, the power pulse length must be short enough
> to allow the maximum effect to take place just as the
> pole pieces still in but leaving register.

and hector wrote

Positive bias is switching the load at the negative as the
transistor switches off the diode conducts the CEMP negative to
negative and positive to battery positive across the same
LOAD ,coil ,LC, motor whatever returning POWER to battery
source , if such PULSE is forced to go semy resonant within a
logaritmic discharge path OU transformation will occur, coil will
drop its temperature as battery will charge until it dries out .
In reality is verry simple .. I posted this like 5 years ago and is
also in the files section.. the real work needed is TUNING .. this
simple circuit ..
(Only Tuning is Quite a Bitch) but it can be done

>Robert Agams was wrong. The magnetic field does not
reverse.

In case of an LC ringing it DOES reverse as C & L reverses potential

Pulse in, goes up reaches maximal & reverses ..
Aclaratory note :C must be AC oil capacitor not DC electrolitic

Yes, the magnetic field reverses, if we are using the coil-cap
combination. I once tested my little bedini-motor in the
attractive-mode drive, where the drive pulse was attractive instead of
repulsive and the timing was adjusted so, that drive pulse ends a bit
before top dead center. Also, I had a 20uF (or was it a 10uF) cap
connected in parallel to the drive coil. And this system worked OK,
the motor ran fine. The attractive drive pulse accelerated the rotor
towards the coil, the drive current was switched off before reaching
the coil, the back-emf charged the cap, cap discharged again throught
the coil and drove the magnetic field in the coil in opposite
direction, thus pushing the magnet away from coil.

> I think i understand what you are saying about the diode across
> transistor. My simple pulse motor uses just one Reed switch to
fire,> no transistor. But I understand what you are saying, and I think
> RainJ has a circuit much like mine in the files section.
>> So are you saying Adams was right, and with the diode you will get
> two pulses.
> 1) From your own battery.
> 2) From the re-coil going through the diode after clip-off pushing
> outgoing magnet away for free.
>> So in essence by putting the diode in you'll up the speed,
torque????> Is that it?> Why doesn't it do it without the diode. Diode's just recitfy right?

Battery is like a capacitor it charges coil as coil current reaches
maximal .. diode redirects electron path ..

here are some tips ..

http://www.spots.ab.ca/~belfroy/electricRes.html

http://personal.tcu.edu/~zerda/manual/lab6.pdf

ashtweth,

I do not have osiloscope to see the double spike. But I'm using this type of setup to run adams/bedini motor. You can control the pulse width by adjusting the variable resistor (1K) + 220 Ohm. See bedini motor patented diagram. You might know what I mean.

Set variable resistor to 0 ohm first. This is starting setup to run the motor. Once the motor gets peak of the speed, adjust by increasing the resistor value (not too much). You will able to see the motor runs much faster and minimize input power. The BEMF collected to charge the second battery through capacitor. The result was impresive.

Right now, I'm trying to construct motor with different type of setup. Normally adams/bedini using single pole method to push the magnets away from stator. I'm going to setup motor with double rotor single stator and push pull method. It will really make a big differents in motor torque and speed but with same or a little bit higher input power.

MP,

Sorry for the late reply.

Could you post a diagram of what you have built? I think there are only a few people here who are able to follow your conversation.

As I have promised earlier, I will post the pictures and diagram when everything are in place so that everybody will follow without any confusion.

Currently I'm facing some mechanical problem in constructing double rotor single stator motor. Lack of mechanical knowledge and most important thing <b>MONEY & TIME</b> which is holding me back right now.

MP, if you really interested on those single stator & rotor motor, I will post it as long as it doesn't confuse anybody. Please revert. TQ.

• 2 weeks later...

Ante & all,

Attached is the circuit I have used to drive Adams Motor Generator.

Test Result
[table]
[tr]
[td]

Time

[/td]

[td]

Batt A

[/td]
[td]

Batt B

[/td]

[td]

Batt C

[/td]
[td]

Input Amp

[/td]

[/tr]
[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]

[/tr]
[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]

[/tr]
[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Test Explaination:
The result statistic taken from the setup as in attached circuit diagram. First I run the motor without generator coil. Let the motor spin to maximum RPM, then slowly increase resistance using potentiometer to get the lowest input amp. By increasing the resistance, the amp goes down until at one point it started to climb up. I'm able to find the sweet spot where the input amp is minimum with acceptable RPM by adjusting potentiometer. Total resistance around 1.6K to 1.7K for trigger coil.

Initial value for minimum amp without connecting generator coil is 0.24. Then connect the generator coil as like in the circuit then amp went down to 0.21 but RPM increase. :o I tried to connect the generator coil the otherway around, amp increase above 0.24 and RPM decreased sharply.

I assume I have captured and send the back EMF into battery. I need to do a lot more testing using this circuit. I was wondering, is there any way to capture back EMF from trigger coil and drive coil? Or do I need to change electonic component other than in the circuit in order to make the motor more efficient? I'm still new to electronic and don't really know about other electronic component to choose. So your suggestions are much appreciated. So please help me. Thank you.

post-2376-14279141929635_thumb.gif

Ante,

The battery capasity information listed below:
Battery A : 12V 7AH Gel Cell
Battery B : 12V 4AH Lead Asid
Battery C : 12V 4AH Lead Asid

Trigger coil : #26 (smaller)
Drive coil : #23 (Bigger)
Generator coil : #23 (Bigger)

A-meter connected from battery terminal to circuit.

How much current flows though the BY228 with the generator coil connected?

I got to check. Will get back to you.