Electronics-Lab.com Community

Adams Motor Project

kumaran

Hi everybody,

I did some test run with minimal modification on coils and resistor. Read specification below.

Test setup

Circuit
Used the same circuit as previous test run. No changes except trigger resistor and swaping trigger coil with drive coil.

Battery
Battery A : 12V 7AH Gel Cell
Battery B : 12V 4AH Lead Asid
Battery C : 12V 4AH Lead Asid

Coils
Trigger coil : #23 (Bigger)
Drive coil : #26 (Smaller)
Generator coil : #23 (Bigger)

Resistor
2K ohm

A-meter connected from battery terminal to circuit.

Test Result

[table]
[tr]
[td]

Time

[/td]

[td]

Batt A

[/td]
[td]

Batt B

[/td]

[td]

Batt C

[/td]
[td]

Input Amp

[/td]

[td]

Remark

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]

[td]Motor starts up normally. The amp reduces until 0.19. Motor RPM at maximum.[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[td]Amp drops but RPM increased. Notice batt C voltage increase to 12.20. :o Probably motor run at resonance stage right now.[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]

[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]

[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]

[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[td]Notice the amp drops to 0.17. RPM drops a bit.[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]

[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]

[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]

[td]Last reading taken before go to get some sleep. Let the motor run overnight.[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]
[td]Last reading taken before stop the motor. Notice the amp gone down to 0.16 and RPM decreased a little bit.[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Test Explaination
I have notice that the motor runs more efficiently compare to previous test run. Low input amp but more RPM.

After much observation and studied the circuit setup, I conclude that this motor is not capturing the back EMF into battery.

The generator coil here is act as "helper" because it is connected in reverse way. The back EMF created from motor spining is used by generator coil to pull the magnets in place. It is free pull because there was no current being supplied for this effect. Indirectly add more torque to the motor. But why the amp goes down ???

I should name generator coil as "helper coil". If I add more number of generator coil, and arranged properly around the motor, I should get more torque and higher RPM. So thicker generator coils with more turns helps to increase motor efficiency. I do not know DC motor out there utilising this back EMF to get more efficiency.

So this motor is not capturing the back EMF into battery. We cannot use generator coils to capture back EMF. The other options are from trigger coil and drive coil. How to modify the circuit in order to capture back EMF from these two coils? Electronic experts...please suggest.

It is possible to get higher efficient (near 100%) from this motor if I add more generator coil and set it up with free push and pull method. In order to make "overunity" I need to find a way to capture back EMF from drive and trigger coil and feed into battery.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wish I had tachometer to measure the RPM and equipments to test motor torque. So those RPM result is based from observation and by analyzing sound created while motor spins fast or slow (unreliable).

Is there any way to get or make cheaper tachometer.

Will do more testing by adding generator coils.

Ante & all,

After seeing the circuit setup, and some result statistic, anyone has some suggestions on recapture the back EMF from drive and trigger coil into batteries?

Any suggestion on component to replace to make more efficient?

Looking forward for an answer. Please get back to me...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi experts,

Need your assistance right now. I have bought some reflective optoswithes for the project. Attached is the datasheet for optoswitch.

Let me tell you what I want to do with these switches. I will place some relective material on top of the rotor. When optoswitch sense this material the switch will turn on then stator push the magnet away and rotor turns.

I need this switch to trigger 2N3055 transistor. Stator coil is connected to 2N3055. Is there any other method to use?

Optoswitch -> 2N3055 -> Stator Coil. ::)

Do I need to use opamp before transistor? ???

Can anyone draw the schematic diagram for this setup?

QRB1113.pdf

Guest Yevgenip

The optoswitch is basicly a phototransistor (I will call it opto).
You do not need to put reflective material on the rotors, you can simply put a light source on one side of the rotor, and the opto on the other side, facing the light source. when the rotors will cut the beam, you will have a voltage drop on the opto.
But lets take the example you wanted. when the rotor will touch the beam, it will be reflected to the opto which is next to the light source (remember you need to make sure the beam gets there and that you do have a light source).
when the beam reaches the opto, it will conduct. connect the output of the switch to the base of the transistor, and then use the transistor to start the coil (by connecting the collector to the power source and the emmiter to the coil)

Reply for more explanation, or if I got something wrong please.

Guest Yevgenip

Forget my first idea about crossing the beams: I see you have the LED and the phototransistor combined. 8)
Perhaps this 2-minute drawn incomplete circuit will help (I didn't have much time). I'll make a better one. ;)

Thanks Yevgeni,

I have tested this circuit. In the place of coil I have place electronic beeper.

I noticed that even any material I bring near to optoswitch, the sensor detects it and beeper starts beeping. Nearer the object to opto, louder the noise.

How to prevent this from happening? Do I need to place resistors anywhere in the circuit? I just need the switch to turn on when it detects reflective material. Other than that swith should turn off.

I'm using 5V for IR and 12V for sensor.

Ante, look at the optoswitch datasheet attached. I'm using model QRB1134.

Please suggest

QRB1133.pdf

Guest Yevgenip

The problem is that the opto sensor uses IR and IR light is reflected almost from any surface.
To control the sesitivity anyway, eather connect a potenitiometer between the opto output and the base of the amplifier transistor (2N3055) or combine the potentiometer with an opamp to gain more accuracy.
different colors also affect reflectivity, but not much.

P.S: Why only addressing (The Respected) Ante and not me? :'(

• 4 weeks later...

Finally the motor frame with rotor contructed. The rotor is not shown in the picture (in between two plywood). The top plate will be used as timing disk.

This motor I would consider the best design I built so far. Still pending on stator windings. Will update the progress. No worries.

• 2 weeks later...

A self-powered motor?

Perpetual motion?

There's no such thing as conservation of energy!

Did you they've removed the word gullible from the English dictionary?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Battery is a must in order to retain self running for this type of motor.

Have your read those links I have posted? Osiloscope doesn't lie. He has feedback output current into drive battery. The output current is more than input current. In this case the battery will never dry out while running motor.

Think of conventional motor compared to this motors. What is the different? Simple, when normal DC motor runs, drive battery depletes. But for OU motor, the drive battery doesn't deplete yet powers the motor. It means the motor will run forever.

I was sceptic as you were before but I took sometime to do hands on experiment then only I realise that there are chances to gain free energy. I'm not scientise to theorise the fenomena at this moment.

If you really have interest just join yahoo group [EVGRAY] and read through those postings. There are people in that group who achived OU (Overunity) results. Yet they still experimenting other parameters to get maximum output.

I think it is better for me to not argue on this matter. I will post matters that related to electronics only. But as I promised, once I have completed my projects, I will publish those result on the web. Period.

Sorry if I have heard some of you.