Electronics-Lab.com Community

Circuit You've Ever Made?

People here a lot of the time say "oh, you can get that circuit at this website and right and there but not from knowledge and experience from people like yourselves".
Does anyone have a shematic that they made their own, purposely or accidently. I accidently shut my computer down while testing my transmitter. ;D Please explain the process of your schematic and difficulties.
Thanks!

Hi Quantum,
Welcome back!
I like to make things work better.
You should hear my little clock radio. It looks the same as the original. It weighs 10 times more than the original (audio amp circuit, bass-boost circuit, lots of solder and a new tiny speaker with a big magnet). It has so much bass that you could ask, "Where did you hide your sub-woofer?".

So that the amplifier and speaker don't overload, I designed it so that the bass is always the same level. When its volume control is turned down, only the mids and highs are reduced. Then is has very extended and awesome low frequency bass (but fairly low level due to its tiny speaker). When the volume is increased, only the mids and highs are increased, but it still has bass boost so that it sounds much bigger. At maximum volume, its response is flat without any distortion.

Did you follow my adventures with our Plants Watering Watcher project? http://www.electronics-lab.com/forum/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=789
A member reported a problem with it and I had a hunch about a simple fix. My fix worked well then I discovered other problems.
So I re-designed the whole project and it works much better. A detailed circuit description and reasons for change are in my article. My new project is called "Plants Watering Watcher-2" http://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/science/018/index.html

Hi guru,

You sayed,
So that the amplifier and speaker don't overload, I designed it so that the bass is always the same level.
Did you do that with digital means, or by analog. And how long you have been in this area of intrest. Very interesting modification!
Question for you, do you have to have a heat sink tool to solder on semiconductors, and what is harmed in the chip if you do that? I have heard of these heatsink on motors, and for circuit components, is there tool plier-like, that sucks up the heat from the solder iron?
What is Operational Amplifier {Op}?
Is there a website that I could "draw" a schematic.
I have one of those really old carry-bag mobile phone, which I took apart. Like you Audioguru, I want to modify it.
Would it be possible that I could change it so that it intercepts other frequencies? What range of frequency does these mobile phone give out?
From what I see, there is two crystal quartz.
The circuit board has almost nothing but smd, and same on ther other side of the board.