Electronics-Lab.com Community

how can do a good lab report ?

eie

I think it should include the voltage, current, and power. The power dissipated by the devices is important because you can destroy them. The magnitude of the current is important because it gives you an idea about what is acceptable in a system. It's obvious that higher magnitude devices tend to have greater error which can be unacceptable to lower magnitude devices. The voltage is important because it is the law most widely applied to the operation of solid state devices.

Please allow me to add my comments here as well:

The basis of the lab report will, of course, list the items for which you are testing. Voltage, power, amplitudes, etc. This is dependent upon the reason for your test. These are for your advertised specs.

However, other items which are common to list on your report are Date, Time, Relative Humidity, Barometric Pressure, and Temperature. Also, list the serial numbers and models of all equipment used in the testing and the calibration date of the equipment. These are items you will always find on a calibration report for equipment sent to National Standards labs. With this information, you will be able to duplicate the test procedures with the same parameters as the original test. These parameters will be found on all test certificates which adhere to the ASTM, JIS, NIST, MIL, or ISO standards.

MP