Electronics-Lab.com Community

60W Bass amplifire

enter

I have bild the 60w bass amplifire and when i power on the circuit the output transistor mj11016 overheats and the fuse burns.
I have checked the two circuits(preamplifier and amplifire)and the connections and parts are all ok.I am using a 150VA transformer as the circuit diagram sais.

Thanks George

1. Are you using a heat sink? You should check the data sheet for this part and see at what point you must have a heat sink.
2. Assuming you are using a heat sink, check for shorts or a part with wrong value, etc.
3. Did you substitute any parts? Use different values, etc?

MP

I am using a heat sink but the transistor overheats instantly when i power on the circuit.
I have chekd all parts,values,shorts
Can you tell me if the transformer is responsible of this? At the parts list says that the transformer can be 75 to 150VA i am using the 150VA transformer so i think that maybe the current is very big
Thank you for replaying. I am desperatly looking for help.Pleas tell me whatever idea you have for making this construction to work!

Fraindly GEORGE
THANKS