Electronics-Lab.com Community
Sign in to follow this  
jeffjavier

electronic valve shower, do you have an idea???

Guest Yevgenip

About the mechanical bit, you should use eather two electromagnets or a motor to close and open the valve.

Hmmmm....I'm thinking that a simple, 24VDC, solenoid-operated, irrigation (sprinkler) valve body and head would be the exact thing you're looking for.

[added]
After some thought, you might also get away with using a solenoid-controlled valve for a refrigerator/freezer icemaker sub-assembly...probably quite a bit cheaper, although it will be operated by mains voltage.
In that case, you could swap-out the coil for a low-voltage coil, or use a SSR to switch the mains voltage to the solenoid coil.

You can control a mains powered valve via a small relay, or a triac and an optoisolator.
There are some nice solenoid valves to be scavenged in scraped washing machines and dishwashers .

Guest Yevgenip

If you think about it, people can live their whole lifes in junkyards without ever being hungry or poor.

If you're still interested, a good place to find solenoid valves is a washing machine. I dismantled one that someone threw away (it was in perfect condition, just old). I took several usefull parts out of it.

If you think about it, people can live their whole lifes in junkyards without ever being hungry or poor.

What a lousy life that would be. What about internet?
I guess they could get shelter in a discarded washing machine. ;D

Hi

from:audioguru I guess they could get shelter in a discarded washing machine.

better yet, join lots together to make a condo, rent it out (internet now possible)

Hey it's saturday, wind-down time  ;D

Ed