Electronics-Lab.com Community

New member says hi!

autir

Hello to all. Since I am new to this forum, I thought it would be good to introduce myself.
I am a pre-graduate student at the department of informatics and telecommunications of the university of Athens (yes, I am Greek :)). Until recently I had been the type of person who likes electronics but does not know where to start from. After attending a laboratory cource in my dpt. and getting to work with the oscilloscopes and circuits I realised that I really like all this ;D. My theoretical level in electronics is low and my practical level is 0. Currently trying to change both for the better. Glad to be here :)

Oh, by the way, Merry Christmas to all !

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm a student too, I'm doing my final year of my HNC at Bedford college, and it sucks, I like electronics but this final year is mostly mechanical and business studies. I'm also taking radio communications and it blows we haven't even covered transmitters and receivers properly.

I did think of doing an extra year to get an HND but I'm sick of all the non-electronic bs we've had to cover this year and I have a feeling that the next year would be worse so I'm going to leave it at HNC level for now. I might return to study one day but I had enough at the moment, I often feel I've learned a lot more form books, work, and the Internet in general including this place.

I'm also taking radio communications and it blows we haven't even covered transmitters and receivers properly.

I did think of doing an extra year to get an HND but I'm sick of all the non-electronic bs we've had to cover this year and I have a feeling that the next year would be worse so I'm going to leave it at HNC level for now.

Yeah: the joys of "higher education"  ::)

If this is what you want to learn, you'll do better studying on your own. Trust me on this: you will learn a helluvalot more by actually doing than you'll ever learn in some lecture hall with 99 other guys (perhaps a few gals) all day dreaming about the upcoming weekend while some clueless TA drones on and on about that which he knows next to nothing.  :P

I taught my teachers and professors lotsa things that I learned from magazines and IEEE documents at the library. I made every assignment years before they were due. When the class was learning about resistors and capacitors, I was making transistor and logic circuits.
    Yeah: the joys of "higher education" ::) He, he. ;D 

• 1 month later...