Electronics-Lab.com Community
Sign in to follow this  
atheos

Transformer Power Rating

Well i have all the transistors , diode and i felt lucky in getting the exact Darlington pair both are from texas instruments and are BDW84D and BDW83D respectively
so now how will it behave , how much watt  ???

As I said at the beginning of this thread, a 28VAC transformer won't make 40VDC at its full loading, but if this circuit has positive and negative 40V then the amp will probably provide 85W into 8 ohms or 140W into 4 ohms.

I have a Transformer capable of delevering 8A @  2 x 28V . and one more thing , i could not found P600B , can i use a simple 1000V @ 6A diodes that i can find , i don't have the exact number , but i will if i buy it

ok then i am preparing to add something else , temprature meter , fan , and a Power meter that shows the actual wattage, for power measurment i will be using  a ADC to measure voltage and current and then when it is binary form , digitaly multiply them using logic gates , and then convert the binary power output to 7 segment using a BCD to 7 segment decoder . how is the idea ..

Why make a complicated power meter? The power changes in less than a milli-second so a 7-segment display will be a blur.
You hear loudness, not power. Just make an LM3915 LED bar-graph sound level meter or voltmeter. Have a peak-detect circuit to hold readings for about 50milli-seconds so they are visible.