Electronics-Lab.com Community

Volume

This is the circuit I was looking for when I posted under the negative charge pump. My circuit was to generate the negative supply from the 0 and 12. I was going to use this to generate an AC for the speaker. Audioguru led me to believe the circuit could not be accomplished for lack of power. It is obvious that this chip only delivers 0 and 12 to the speakers. I think we can do better. The only drawback is that the negative charge pump supply has limited current capability. You know I knew there was a simple solution to this. You see we can make the circuit better and more readily attainable with a charge pump supply and a simple pushpull output. Maybe I can post the circuit. Boy these capacitors are going to be a bit hefty but easy to get.

Ante has given you good advice. I cannot imagine the tone is very good with this amp, either. A preamp will give you tone control and volume control. This circuit is not a good stand alone circuit. You might be able to add a pot to the front end, but this depends upon what you have connected to the input. My recommendation is to add a simple preamp circuit to the input.

MP

Kevin,
This is a bridged amplifier that uses 2 amps per speaker to give nearly 24V p-p. If it wasn't bridged it could provide only 4W into a 4 ohm speaker at low distortion. But since it is bridged, it provides 16W at low distortion into 4 ohms, or even 22W with high distortion and a 14.4V supply.
In addition, this IC is a stereo amp with two 22W channels, for a 44W total output, without using a charge-pump supply voltage doubler.
Its maximum supply voltage is 18V so you can't use a supply voltage doubler with it anyway. But if you could operate it at 28.8V, its output power would be 176W and its supply current would be about 9.2A.

post-1706-14279142074668_thumb.gif

Hi again
What do you think about this curcuit:-
http://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/audio/039/index.html
Can I couple it with this amp:
http://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/audio/006/index.html
to control the volume, bass, treble and balance? :)

I was so happy when I hade built this amp and I will be happier to build the control curcuit for it. ;D

Can anyone help me please

Hi Mukhalled,
That excellent quality preamp is a good one for your amp project.
I hope your audio source has enough output for it because it doesn't have any gain (except for bass and treble boost).
It also has an input limit of 1V RMS, so if your audio source has too much output, it will need attenuation. ;D