Electronics-Lab.com Community

What is VLSI and Embeded System Exactly

Vaibhav Jain

Hi There...
I want to start Embeded system..can any one guide me where to start from...
Also please refer some basic project ideas on which i can work to increase my knowledge on the topic....i Have heard alot of the topic VLSI these days ..whats is it exactly and where shall i look for the topic details and project ideas[move] Help me guys i know i havn't done alot yet but one thing i know is that i can do any thing to enhance my practical knowledge[/move]

Vaibhav

VLSI is very large scale integration. It is likely that you won't be doing much with that since that is basically laying out your own ICs (what is in the chip). I did some in my undergrad but if you really want to get into it, most of it is PhD work from what I've seen.

For an embedded system, that is easier. All you need is a microcontroller (and associated circuitry) some DACs and ADCs and you can do just about anything you want. Lucky you can get most of the ICs free as sample parts. So the question is: What do you want to do with an embedded system? There are literally thousands of projects online.

hi vaibhav!
u can very well work on projects like physical layout design(i.e how the components will be physically arranged on the chip),timing analysis,
delay analysis,micrtocontroller programs(if u have some knowledge of a programming language like C or atleast assembly language)
these u can do sitting at ur home on a PC!!!!
PRATEEK