Electronics-Lab.com Community

AM to FM convertor

Andbor

Hi audioguru
now I tried testing it and I doubled the turns on L1 and L2. ( L1 was ,3 now it is 6, and L2 was 7, now it is 14) Still nothing happened but a strange thing happened: whenever i power up my cirucit, on the fm radio a sort of hissing/crackling noise sound is heard. What can it be? Also, below I am including a copy of what the author had replyed to me when I first asked him if it woked on a breadboard. I tried asking him  about how the circuit seperates Am stations, but he didn't reply any more.

Thanks

hai

Yeah, your screwdriver adds 10pF to 20pF to the whole circuit.
File a piece of hard plastic into the shape of a screwdriver shaft and glue it into the end of an empty plastic pen.
I use a plastic tool for trimmers that has a plastic cup at the end that fits over the trimmer's screw. The cup has melted into it a tiny piece of metal that fits into the groove of the trimmer's screw. It works great for multi-turn trimpots too because it doesn't slip off.

Hi Audioguru

Finally some good news ;D ...

The circuit actually worked! We tried seeing it's output with an osciloscope and an FM like wave was there. It was a little difficult tuning it, but finally it worked. However, as you said, too many stations are in 1 fm station and sometimes if you wave yourhand on top of the circuit, the station changes!  I think that the circuit name would better be suited to " All waves to Fm convertor" , cause it picks both AM and FM.

I would like to thank you very much for your help because it was very usefull!
                                                Thanks very much
                                                    andbor

P.S: It even picked up a tv station!

• 2 weeks later...