Electronics-Lab.com Community

New section.

Guest Alun

An RF section would be nice as there are loads of transmitter threads scatterd all over this forum and it would be nice to put them all in one section.

And more strict moving of posts would be good too, as people keep asking questions or requesting circuits in all of the sections.

It is easy to ask for more strict moving of posts, but many times the posts are still related or use references from an earlier post. When you start cutting this up, you end up with two sets of messages which are not very readable. I have moved many posts and deleted things that should not be in the forum. All to much grumbling by the ones who posted.
If a new area is created for RF, will the person moderating it be moving all of the old RF posts? Sounds like a pretty big job.

MP

It is easy to ask for more strict moving of posts, but many times the posts are still related or use references from an earlier post. When you start cutting this up, you end up with two sets of messages which are not very readable. I have moved many posts and deleted things that should not be in the forum. All to much grumbling by the ones who posted.

Sorry I meant threads, for example if someone asks for a circuit to do a certain job in the "Theory articles" section it should be moved to the "Circuit/General Requests" section.

If a new area is created for RF, will the person moderating it be moving all of the old RF posts? Sounds like a pretty big job.

Oh I agree with you there it wouldn't be practicle to move all the old RF posts. Having a separate RF section would make it a lot easier for someone to learn about transmitters /recievers if the following threads were in one section, in fact the following should really be one big thread:

http://www.electronics-lab.com/forum/index.php?board=13;action=display;threadid=2818
http://www.electronics-lab.com/forum/index.php?board=21;action=display;threadid=2814
http://www.electronics-lab.com/forum/index.php?board=22;action=display;threadid=2791

Radio communication is such a majour part of electronic engienering and it deserves a separate section in my opinion.

Hi MP, Alun

I agree we need an RF section, that is something that is definitely missing.

I think it will be a very difficult task for the moderator, to decide what should and should not be moved to this new section, there is a lot of RF related topics that should stay where they are, because the RF is only a small part of the discussion/project, there can be a very fine line in deciding whether to move or not, I think if it was to go ahead only the RF that you have no doubts about moving should be moved, that is 100 percent RF related.

Yes Alun, I agree those three could be moved, if there was to be a new section added.